Bristol First bus close pass - my video featured..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Oooh, an advisory letter. A waste of officer time and paper. There's only one thing idiots like that understand, and that's a Court appearance.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
for what it’s worth After about 10,000 miles of Bristol commuting I found Bristol bus drivers pretty good, likewise bristol drivers. Bristol generally seems to have a give and take ethos on most things driving included

this doesn’t excuse any particular twattish driving of course, and I have rarely seen thattoo

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Oooh, an advisory letter. A waste of officer time and paper. There's only one thing idiots like that understand, and that's a Court appearance.

Agreed. I was unhappy that the police just fired a letter off before ascertaining who the driver was.

I agree, but would add that any 'professional' driver who demonstrates just ONCE that they pose being a reckless hazard to the safety of other road users (providing the highway code is observed, we cyclists have equal rights to use roads!), should be immediately sacked. No politically correct soft nonsense, just sacked unconditionally.

I am sorry to hear about this mate. A huge failing I witness out on the roads as a cyclist, is simply a lack of calm patience. WHY can drivers like this not just patiently wait behind cyclists, if they know they might need to pull in from the road, in the first place? Common sense and respect.

I am sorry to hear about this mate. A huge failing I witness out on the roads as a cyclist, is simply a lack of calm patience. WHY can drivers like this not just patiently wait behind cyclists, if they know they might need to pull in from the road, in the first place? Common sense and respect.

yes, when driving i was always told to respect buses and give way to them etc yet they do not want to return the respect and patience

icowden

Veteran
To me it seems like Bristol Council share some responsibility. The Bus sticks to the car lane without deviation. The fact that the cycle lane is barely wide enough for a cycle seems to bypass the driver's rational brain.

Milzy

Guru
I’ve seen worse. At least you’ve got the best cycling computer for price point on the market.

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
To me it seems like Bristol Council share some responsibility. The Bus sticks to the car lane without deviation. The fact that the cycle lane is barely wide enough for a cycle seems to bypass the driver's rational brain.
The cycle paint expired before the pass, the bit on the left is a filter lane to turn off the road.

Top Bottom