Bristol Mayor Caught Speeding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Not exactly news, is it?

bianchi1

Guru
It says he's going to take the fine and points....so has he done a driver awareness course in the last three years? Otherwise why not just do that.

bianchi1

Guru
I'd be more interested if the police were policing the 20mph zones in the city rather than lazily nabbing motorists on a 30mph dual carriageway that becomes a 50mph dual carriageway a few yards after the police speed camera van. It might produce a few fines but it doesn't challenge dangerous driving in urban areas.

I was caught a few years back, 35 in a 30. I did the driver awareness course which was a waste of time. Last year the stretch if road I was caught on raised the limit up to 40. Now the mobile camera never parks there.

I was only to happy to accept that I had broken the law, but felt that I was not driving at an unsafe speed. Now the authorities allow me to drive 5 mph faster but now judge I am safer? This is why there is a mistrust about the motives of mobile speed cameras...it's not about road safety...it's about catching people breaking the law.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I was caught a few years back, 35 in a 30. I did the driver awareness course which was a waste of time. Last year the stretch if road I was caught on raised the limit up to 40. Now the mobile camera never parks there.

I was only to happy to accept that I had broken the law, but felt that I was not driving at an unsafe speed. Now the authorities allow me to drive 5 mph faster but now judge I am safer? This is why there is a mistrust about the motives of mobile speed cameras...it's not about road safety...it's about catching people breaking the law.
The authorities revised their assessment of the safe speed limit on that stretch of road to agree with yours, yet you don't trust them?

bianchi1

Guru
The authorities revised their assessment of the safe speed limit on that stretch of road to agree with yours.

On my course that covered most of worcestershire, 4 out of the 20 of us were done on the same camera, all in the 35-39 mph range. £350 quid, 4 lost days from one camera on a road that is safe to go 40 mph on. Good cash!

The only sad thing about them removing the van is it was at the base of a long hill that I could get about 45 mph on on my bike. I used to wave as I cycled past!

U

User482

I'd be more interested if the police were policing the 20mph zones in the city rather than lazily nabbing motorists on a 30mph dual carriageway that becomes a 50mph dual carriageway a few yards after the police speed camera van. It might produce a few fines but it doesn't challenge dangerous driving in urban areas.

I think the average speed in the 20mph trial areas reduced by 1mph - not really worth it!

Top Bottom