FNRttC Bristol to Barry Island Friday 5th May 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjh

Legendary Member
Now @Banjo has sorted out the end of the ride for me, I can go back to the beginning!
My train arrives in Bristol at 1540 so I have some time to spend there. I have some ideas but would appreciate local recommendations not only for refreshment of the body but also of the mind.
Anyone else getting there early? Suggestions for a meeting point?
I expect to be in Bristol some time in the early evening after a full day's riding, and hope to have a quick look round while it's still light - probably city centre, docks and the Clifton suspension bridge. I can't say what time I'll be doing that, but am up for any pre-ride meet-up or meal that people have in mind.

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
I expect to be in Bristol some time in the early evening after a full day's riding, and hope to have a quick look round while it's still light - probably city centre, docks and the Clifton suspension bridge. I can't say what time I'll be doing that, but am up for any pre-ride meet-up or meal that people have in mind.
I will PM you

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I'm going to say Pizza Express for the pre-ride meet, unless anyone has an overwhelming objection? There are a few other places nearby if you can't all get in. If you are relying on pre-ride food it would probably be best to book a table: https://www.pizzaexpress.com/bristol-harbourside/book/book-a-table

I can lead you to the start, which is about two minutes away.

Yebbut let's not all book tables independently or we'll end up either scattered about on tiny tables or find that we've booked out the whole restaurant for six people. A dinner at 9:30 or thereabouts would suit me...

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Yebbut let's not all book tables independently or we'll end up either scattered about on tiny tables or find that we've booked out the whole restaurant for six people. A dinner at 9:30 or thereabouts would suit me...
Same here. Train (if I take it) gets in at 2048.

OP
OP
U

User482

Adam B
Adrian C
Andrea C
Andrew F
Andy M
Anthony W
Ceri J
Christina R
Claudine C
Clive B
Craig E
Daniel M
Dave W
David L
David J
Gareth O
Gordon P
Ian M
Jenny M
Mark L
Mark A
Martin B
Paul J
Rebecca O
Rhys P
Richard P
Rob H
Russell C
Sara M
Sarah T
Scott D
Simon M
Simon L
Simon S
Sonia W
Stephen T
Steve R
Stuart A
Tim H
Virginia W

robjh

Legendary Member
If someone decides to book a table for a group, could they include a place for me? Paging @Gordon P too who will be in the area and might be interested.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
If someone decides to book a table for a group, could they include a place for me? Paging @Gordon P too who will be in the area and might be interested.
I'm happy to book a 9:30 table. Can people please indicate if they wish to be included?
So far:
Stu
Rob
TC
Mark

Last edited:

MarkA

Über Member
+1 on the booking please.

Top Bottom