Brit looking for help for an American friend, who has a Brit bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rms3205

Hi everyone form the UK. I signed up here looking for help for an American friend who has a Boadrman Air 9.0 with a broken saddle clamp. I have a picture of the broken part, but don't think I can post that yet. Will try. I am aware Boardman was bought out by a UK company called Halfords in 2022. My question is.....has anyone got access to Boardmans parts lists?? Has anyone got any ideas on how to get the broken part?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 17.29.24.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 17.29.24.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 7

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Rather than try to replace the broken part it's easier to just buy a new seat post, only $15 from Jensen:
https://www.jensonusa.com/Kalloy-Uno-602-Seatpost
Make sure you get the correct diameter, it'll be stamped on the existing. Might even be possible to transfer the bit you need from the new post. All these styles of budget posts are very similar and work in a similar way.

Last edited:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
FWIW Boardman have been in the ownership of Halfords for a lot longer than since last year.. possibly since their inception. Worth contacting Boardman direct? I have in the past and found them to be (within limits) very helpful :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Rather than try to replace the broken part it's easier to just buy a new seat post, only $15 from Jensen:
https://www.jensonusa.com/Kalloy-Uno-602-Seatpost
Make sure you get the correct diameter, it'll be stamped on the existing. Might even be possible to transfer the bit you need from the new post. All these styles of budget posts are very similar and work in a similar way.

Won't work, it's a frame specific seat post. From the parts in the picture, the OP's friend might be able to use a generic seat post's top clamp, by keeping the rectangle bit of metal with the serrations - they may have to buy a whole seatpost and use the clamps. Trip to local bike shop

OP
OP
R

rms3205

Thanks for the replies so far. I am attaching a couple more photos. As mentioned already, this is a profile part. She has already spoken to her bike shop in Idaho. I get the impression they don’t want to fabricate a part because of repercussions down the line should it break. A part number would make replacement seek much easier. Thanks again for everyone’s comments.

Attachments

• 7AE87115-34E2-4811-855B-FCF9794AB4FE.jpeg
    7AE87115-34E2-4811-855B-FCF9794AB4FE.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 4
  • 433ECB7C-FF24-445F-AC93-7DD0C24D406A.jpeg
    433ECB7C-FF24-445F-AC93-7DD0C24D406A.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom