Brit sets new cycle speed record.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
What about the American woman who hit 183 mph? Denise Mueller-Korenek - was her record disallowed?

Edit - He set a men's record. Still a massive achievement but he'd have to head to the States to get a flat space big enough to go for the overall record; which he may do.
"Bloke from Essex goes 8mph slower than world record" isn't such a good headline. Especially when that world record is held by a woman.

DRM

Guru
Rubbish record, I went for a ride on holiday in France, Mrs DRM issued strict instructions DO NOT BE OUT TOO LONG, she wanted to visit the seaside and have a mooch through the open air market, I wasn’t late, that’s real pressure! and I didn’t get dragged behind a Porsche either.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I've done 174 mph on a motorcycle.
The thought of doing is on a bicycle sends shivers down my spine.
Chapeau to the guy even though a tow car was involved.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I'd be interested to know if he was going faster or slower than 174mph when the towing bit ended and the pedalling started.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
~Presumably he stayed in the slipstream of the fairing while pedalling on his own? ... can't really see the point but if that's what he likes doing...

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I'd be interested to know if he was going faster or slower than 174mph when the towing bit ended and the pedalling started.
This is the bit I don’t understand either.
If they tow him at 180mph then let him go he will be doing 179mph for a few seconds. I appreciate you would need some assistance just to get the huge gear spinning, but any assistance over say 100mph would seem odd for claiming record

Top Bottom