Britain by Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Just watched it on Sky+ a standard ish travelogue, and based on episode one,a low budget 'Coast' derivative in which the bike and cycling are almost entirely incidental.

But... *swoon* SWMBO has just said "I'd like to cycle around there with you, if you only do 30 miles a day"

Canardly

Veteran
Tad disappointed myself as was looking forward to this. Also could have showed us the bike in some detail given its age ho hum.Still the Hitchin club is alive and well.

taxing

I watched it. Good that cycling gets this exposure, but it would be better if they had a presenter that can actually ride a bike. I spotted her stumble to a stop on at least 3 occasions.

And I managed to critique the program without mentioning her sex, bum or hair.

:bravo::wahhey::thumbsup:

I haven't seen it, might download it on my phone to watch at the gym.

U

User482

It wasn't really for keen cyclists, though was it? I thought it was enjoyable enough, and I've love to have a crack at some of those coastal routes in N. Devon. And go on the water-powered train.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Of more interest to cyclists was the "Great British Outdoors" earlier this week. Lots of shots of biking from the sixties or thereabouts and a great wryly humorous commentary throughout.

Cycling bit starts 47.10 in but the whole thing is worth watching.

Programme link

John

Panter

Just call me Chris...
I thought it was good.

Just to hear that 92 Year old woman explaining, in a couple of sentences, the absolute joy she used to get from cycle camping was justification enough for me.

Top Bottom