British and other Countries National Championships - Road Race and TT ** Spoilers **

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It was a relatively flat course with a few small kick up ramps to go over dual carriageways and a river. From stockton to Ingleby you gain less than 300ft and obviously lose it when you return.

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
'Ben Swift, Ian Stannard and Luke Rowe all pull out of British National Road Race Championships.' It looks as though these championships are becoming devalued. This is a shame for the thousands of supporters in this country that line the route hoping to see the big names racing - bearing in mind that there are only 3 major mens events in this country as it is. :angry:

lyn1

Über Member
Looks very much like the course used in Premiers, which historically has not had anything significant that splits the field...either through length or difficulty). This year sees the top end reduced in quality because of withdrawals and many big teams (between 8 and 12 riders each) from the domestic Conti teams and One Pro.The top guys are invariably individuals with no team support. On the basis that ten good guys should be able to put one very good guy away, assuming they are prepared to ride for someone, this could be the best chance of an "upset" since 2009.

lyn1

Über Member
I think that Cavendish has too much nous for this to worry him and Dan Mclay often wins or competes well without a lead-out man.

! was thinking more about constant attacks with fresh riders throughout the race, rather than at the finish.

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Wim Stroetinga, who finished 3rd to Dylan Groenwegan in a sprint finish, threw a right strop at one of his teammates after the race (presumably a lead-out man) and actually kicked his helmet. :ninja:his own one in case you were wondering.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Wim Stroetinga, who finished 3rd to Dylan Groenwegan in a sprint finish, threw a right strop at one of his teammates after the race (presumably a lead-out man) and actually kicked his helmet. :ninja:his own one in case you were wondering.
That shows some flexibility!!!

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
'Ben Swift, Ian Stannard and Luke Rowe all pull out of British National Road Race Championships.' It looks as though these championships are becoming devalued. This is a shame for the thousands of supporters in this country that line the route hoping to see the big names racing - bearing in mind that there are only 3 major mens events in this country as it is. :angry:

Not sure about the British championships 'becoming' devalued - big names not showing up is nothing new. ICBW but I think the Belgians have a rule that all eligible pros have to race the national championships. I would like to see Froome obliged to turn out.

By the way, Arthur Vichot won the French national road race (for the second time) and Alexis Vuillermoz came third. Does that answer your earlier question? ;)

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Nico Roche takes both Irish TT and RR titles.

Lydia Boylan (Team WNT) takes RR with my clubmate finishing top10 and Anna Turvey (former triathlete recently declared for Ireland) wins TT

Top Bottom