British bloke goes into space... why all the fuss?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Apollo 1?
Soyuz 1?
Soyuz 11?
The Russians weren't very forthcoming about their disasters though. Their firsts were another matter, apart from Valentina Tereshkova. With many groundgrew believing it to be another male cosmonaut boarding Vostok 6.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Join the rest of us in not imagining such horrors.
I will ask my GP to up the dosages.

Tin Pot

Guru
Certainly nothing new about anyone going into space or spending 6 months on the ISS, and this Tim bloke isn't the first Brit to go to space... so what's all the fuss about?

MAN GOES INTO SPACE!

HOW THE fark DOES THAT NOT ROCK YOUR WORLD!?

Tin Pot

Guru
It's laying down the foundation for extended space flights by examining the long term effects of low gravity on humans and plants. It's minimising the unknowns before aiming for longer missions to Mars and possible settlements on the Moon. It's not so much a regression as an entrenchment.

Shut up: Project Orion.

End.

....no way, I was first, ages ago in fact. And just look at all them patches on my suit........
Astronaut.PNG

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Why do astronauts have all those badges anyway? If they fall off their MarsBuggy and are rendered insensible, does NASA think that the Little Green Men will cop the ICE number and ring up Houston? Do they think that the LGM will feel some kind of empathy for a human with some images of cheesy, feelgood , "inspirational" ghastliness plastered all over their bodies? I'm sure that they have higher standards than that.

Why do astronauts have all those badges anyway? If they fall off their MarsBuggy and are rendered insensible, does NASA think that the Little Green Men will cop the ICE number and ring up Houston? Do they think that the LGM will feel some kind of empathy for a human with some images of cheesy, feelgood , "inspirational" ghastliness plastered all over their bodies? I'm sure that they have higher standards than that.
The badges are code just for tv, to disguise true functionality...under the 'NTP' badge is the button for a comfort break

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The badges are code just for tv, to disguise true functionality...under the 'NTP' badge is the button for a comfort break
You need a certain level of manual dexterity to press buttons. Have you seen the size of those astro-geezers' gloves????
They must be in perpetual agony.

Top Bottom