British Eurosport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

line71

Why does this channel never maintain its schedule?
Everytime i see a cycling event advertised at a certain time invariably snooker or motor GP will be on instead
Is there a guaranteed schedule for this years races i almost always miss them due to their silly attitude to scheduling

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It's live sport most of the time, so if there are over-runs they stay with it. Imagine the MSR coverage being switched to snooker as they hit the Poggia, just because they had been slower en route, and the snooker was scheduled. Tennis afficionados would be peeved if they cut to a cycle race halfway through the last set.
It's the price you pay for getting a generally fantastic service for what is essentially a minority sport.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's live sport most of the time, so if there are over-runs they stay with it. Imagine the MSR coverage being switched to snooker as they hit the Poggia, just because they had been slower en route, and the snooker was scheduled. Tennis afficionados would be peeved if they cut to a cycle race halfway through the last set.
It's the price you pay for getting a generally fantastic service for what is essentially a minority sport.
True.

I was peeved with the BBC during the recent world track cycling championships. I was recording the coverage and several times, they stopped bang on time and just instructed viewers to use the 'red button' to watch the end of the day's competition. Fat lot of good when you only find out the next day ... :cursing:

Buddfox

Veteran
What is more irritating is that the recording isn't matched to the programme overruns (is that possible?) so last year that's exactly what happened with MSR for those who Sky+'ed it!!! It cut out with about 10km to go, just as Cancellara made his move. So annoying.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
What is more irritating is that the recording isn't matched to the programme overruns (is that possible?) so last year that's exactly what happened with MSR for those who Sky+'ed it!!! It cut out with about 10km to go, just as Cancellara made his move. So annoying.
When recording on my old analogue PVR, I always used to add an hour to the record time when recording cycling. On my new digital PVR, it extends the recording automatically but sometimes it gets it wrong. I suspect that someone back at HQ has to press a button to broadcast a signal marking the transition from one programme to the next and sometimes forgets or presses it at the wrong time! It is especially annoying when recording films with a news broadcast in the middle because I often miss a minute or two of the second half.

The secret with a digital PVR is to set it to record the next programme on the same channel. That way, you should capture the overrun one way or the other!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The secret with a digital PVR is to set it to record the next programme on the same channel. That way, you should capture the overrun one way or the other!
Very clever, I'll have to do that from now on. Nothing worse than sitting through 200km of boring stage racing for the programme to stop recording 6km from the end.

brodiej

Veteran
Yea - I record the programs after - often 2 after if the program following the cycling is one of those mad random programmes of clips of unfunny things happeneing in minority sports (using involing snow).

I often record the program before as well as that may finish early and they may cut to the cycling early

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I was looking forward to catching coverage of the Strade Bianche which was supposed to start at 1745 over an hour later and athletics is still on!
I recorded it earlier in the day , it better have got it !
As other have said it can be very hit and miss which even though the phil and sherwin show might have its detractors at least i know that the races that itv 4 do show are liable to be on at the right time so i get to watch cycling with bad commentary rather than tennis/motor/sports/ golf etc .

I recorded it earlier in the day , it better have got it !
As other have said it can be very hit and miss which even though the phil and sherwin show might have its detractors at least i know that the races that itv 4 do show are liable to be on at the right time so i get to watch cycling with bad commentary rather than tennis/motor/sports/ golf etc .

I eventually got to see it about an hour and twenty minutes late. Hoping that the Paris-Nice coverage is on time!

It was an absolute disgrace today, of the two channels - 1 and 2 and their respective HD partners - only two of them were showing cycling between 1.30 and 3.30, live.

It's just not on and I may have to think very seriously about returning to the good old days of Phil Liggett on ITV for half-an-hour a day, for a massive 21 days a year.

:thumbsup:

No, in all seriousness they do sometimes play havoc with the schedules but in my experience this is more so with highlights. With the live coverage of the grand tours and the two races of the moment - Paris-Nice and TA for instance, they are generally prompt because the race won't change it's schedule, unlike in football where TV slots and the broadcasters themselves determine when you might go and watch your team play, if you do that sort of thing.

i am completely new to the paying tv stuff, what does the 2.99 a month get you? does it include for the tv or it it just internet coverage?

which package would cover both?

all help gratefully recieved.

Top Bottom