British made bikes and accessories

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gem_man

Hi all,
I wonder if I could ask for some assistance from some forum members?

In a moment of madness I decided to build a free online directory devoted purely to British made products, all personally researched by me. (This is a not-for-profit project BTW).

Since, clearly this forum is stacked full of knowledgable folk, I would be most grateful if you see if I have missed any cycles in the Bicycle directory.
http://www.bestbuybritish.org/british_bicycles.htmhttp://www.bestbuybritish.org/automotive.htm

As importantly, I am struggling to come up with branded bike accessories to research. Can anyone suggest a few? (and any other bike related suggestions would be good too).

I will then contact the companies and get their products listed.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to give.

Kind regards
Adrian Smith
www.bestbuybritish.org

Arch

Married to Night Train
Are you only interested in sticky bikes (or upwrongs, or 'normal' bikes), or would

http://www.ice.hpv.co.uk/

be any good?

OP
OP
G

Gem_man

Hey thanks Arch.

I am not a cyclist so I am afraid your terminology doesnt mean anything to me.
I am interested in all branded consumer products that are made in Britain.

I will approach the company that you suggested. Thank you.

What is the the generic name for this this type of bike? Maybe it needs to go into a new section.

Thanks for you help. Appreciate it

Adrian

Arch

Married to Night Train
Gem_man said:
Hey thanks Arch.

I am not a cyclist so I am afraid your terminology doesnt mean anything to me.
I am interested in all branded consumer products that are made in Britain.

I will approach the company that you suggested. Thank you.

What is the the generic name for this this type of bike? Maybe it needs to go into a new section.

Thanks for you help. Appreciate it

Adrian

They are called 'recumbents' - literally Latin for 'lying down'. They are still a bit of a niche market among cyclists, but have a very loyal following among those who recognise the advantages (the main one being comfort, especially over long distances, others being better aerodynamcs, and a heck of a lot of fun...) Come in both bike and trike forms, and for everything from racing to touring. ICE is just one manufacturer that came to mind.

Those other terms I used are slightly disparaging (and tougue in cheek) terms some people use for 'normal' upright bikes - the sort with a saddle instead of a seat. Although actually most recumbent owners probably also own uprights. I happen to have a recumbent trike and 3 uprights.

OP
OP
G

Gem_man

Thanks for the insight Arch.

Yellow Fang - Absolutely, it its branded then it goes in. You wanna see some of the exotica on the car page! Thank you for the suggestion. I am on the case.

Adrian

bikepete

Guru

Arch

Married to Night Train
I was going to mention 'us' (I assist Pete!) but was going to check with the boss first...;)

OP
OP
G

Gem_man

Ok you Velo chaps. I had not intended to do magazines but may have a rethink at some point.

But here is an idea ...... any chance you could cobble together just a few lines noting the state of play currently with the cycle industry these days in Britain? If you are up for it, I will give you credit at the end of the text with a link to your site. Hows that?

The text only needs to be 3 or 4 sentences long focusing on the positive, (I dont have doom, gloom and "Britain is going down the pan" on my site). I did something for the header of British made Cars page.

Just an idea. Doesnt need to be technical.

Wodjafink?

Adrian

Globalti

Legendary Member
Another vote for Hope Technology - based in Barnoldswick, Lancashire, 100% British and an excellent little company that's going places. Worth your support.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
There is Chas Roberts, Dave Yates, Lee Cooper, Paul Hewitt, Thorn.

I'm not sure if Orbit Cycles are still going.

What is the name of that chap near Bath, and the name of that bicycle and tricycle manufacturer

Top Bottom