British man on RTW trip!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jhawk

Veteran
Hi all,

I've recently discovered a man by the name of Derek Boocock, whose cycling around the World and this summer will be in Canada where I hope to interview him!

If you would like to read more about his journey - and in particular the reason behind it, you can do so here: http://dereksbiketrip.com/

I was inspired by his tale and his journey so far. Please give it a read.

Cheers,

Jack.

Good to Read ... Thanks Jack for Posting it up :thumbsup:

toekneep

Thanks JHawk, more inspirational reading ahead. (As if I needed more!) I often wonder just how many people are on epic cycle journey's at any one time. Must be quite a few I think.

OP
OP
jhawk

jhawk

Veteran
Thanks JHawk, more inspirational reading ahead. (As if I needed more!) I often wonder just how many people are on epic cycle journey's at any one time. Must be quite a few I think.

Hi Toekneep,

I too think about it! Especially since the weather is in full 'winter mode' here in Canada. And I often read Journals on the CGOAB site, envying those currently on these incredible adventures! When I reach Vancouver next year, as I plan to cycle across Canada - I have a choice to make, do I go home? Or, do I continue to Argentina, and then around the World? I'm thinking the latter! ;)

doog

Just thought I would bump this, its absolutely brilliant. Derek is a real inspiration in his own right but his narrative and attention to detail is top notch. I dont read books much any more....just cycling blogs like this and this is one of the best.

Soup890

Crazy
I want to join him

young Ed

Veteran
Aye. Probably. But why would you want to when you can just fly or sail? ;)
why ride today and tomorrow when i could just sit at home on here and why ride to school and back most days when i could just take the free school bus?

as for @Soup890 riding may be somewhat hard as i have heard there is a little bit of water in between? you could strap your bike to your back and swim it? :biggrin: (i am not responsible for any stupid or dangerous actions and/or your death!)
Cheers Ed

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
crikey! Derek's a real powerhouse - we were part of a ten-person team that did LEJoG back in 2005, and he was, well..........fast. As in fast for 875 miles.

Top Bottom