British National Road Race Champs 27th June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
1. Cooke, Hayles

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Will1985 said:
Being held in Nelson, Lancashire. The women start at 08:30, the men at 13:00.
And if you want to watch the races then it might be better to go to event HQ at Barley village instead which is actually several miles away from Nelson over a big hill! :sad:

Will1985 said:
Thoughts/predictions for top 3 men and women?
I don't have a clue but they should be cracking races. Unfortunately, I am attending a big family party so I'm going to miss them! :biggrin:

OP
OP
Will1985

Will1985

Über Member
I was planning on going up to watch a few friends in the ladies race, until I realised that I had volunteered to marshall a 50 mile TT!

My only hope is that someone other than Cooke wins the ladies race. The run-in doesn't look to be enough for Emma to gain an advantage, but I predict it will be like last year with a group of 4 coming into the finish to battle it out.

Not too sure about the mens race - it's probably more open, and I think it remains to be seen which of the pros are definitely riding.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Will1985 said:
My only hope is that someone other than Cooke wins the ladies race.
Eh? I thought you were as much a Pooley fanboi as I am! ;)

Colin's right, they are both shaping up to be cracking races - the men's in particular.

adscrim

Veteran
I think they are streaming it live online. Not sure where though.

Edit
A quick google suggests the online bit might just be on Eurosport player

Sysagent

"The Most Annoying Man In The World."
Thanks England...

Look's like I might have to miss spectating this now, even though it is right on my front door step.

;-(

I guess I could grab an hour or so and then dash back home.

Just as a bit of an aside, why is it that the TT is not on the same weekend for the Brits yet every other country seem to stick them together? From what I can see the TT champs are right in the middle of the Vuelta!

OP
OP
Will1985

Will1985

Über Member
I've heard lots of suggestions as to why. The best one in my mind is that time trialling in Britain is massive compared to the rest of Europe, and organisers want to hold the event on a weekend. Since you need a rest day between, it couldn't happen.

Don't forget that we actually have 6 national individual TT champs - 10, 25, 50, 100, 12hr, BTTC. The only event that really counts is the BTTC circuit TT which is jointly run by BC and CTT.

OP
OP
Will1985

Will1985

Über Member
:biggrin: Emma won! Very pleased for her, also for having broken Cooke's dominance of the jersey. Just shows that women's cycling isn't just about one rider in this country...tell the media.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Brilliant. She is having an absolutely monster season. I am sad for Cooke though - she hasn't even got a proper team this year, which is ludicrous for a cyclist of her stature. Why, for example, is there no Sky Women's squad?

Top Bottom