British public unite in desire to see no-handed cyclist fall off.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I will just have to do it more then.....

This paragraph from the end of the article made me laugh. Just sums the whole bitterness being lampooned.

"Speaking in favour of the hubristic hands-free brigade, handlebar hater Simon Williams, 46, claimed that his detractors were “just jealous” because they “probably couldn’t even pull a bunny jump if their lives depended on it,” before cycling off to home to ask his mum what was for tea."

Rezillo

TwoSheds
I once was going up a gentle, albeit somewhat longish slope in Suffolk when coming the other way was god's gift to cycling, going no hands at speed to impress his girlfriend. I gesticulated and shouted but he just laughed, turned round to shout some minor abuse and carried on.

So I kept the two brand new inner tubes that had fallen out of his shirt back pockets onto the road as he approached me, which was what I was shouting and waving about.

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I once was going up a gentle, albeit somewhat longish slope in Suffolk when coming the other way was god's gift to cycling, going no hands at speed to impress his girlfriend. I gesticulated and shouted but he just laughed, turned round to shout some minor abuse and carried on.

So I kept the two brand new inner tubes that had fallen out of his shirt back pockets onto the road as he approached me, which was what I was shouting and waving about.
Reminds me of the pig story, recently encountered in Frank Muir's superb autobiography. He describes how he was out driving in the countryside when a Morris Minor came flying round the corner, barely missing him. "Pig!", yelled the woman at the wheel. "Woman driver!", he yelled back, before driving round the corner and hitting a pig in the middle of the road.

gbb

Legendary Member
Sounds to me like it wasn't much of ...if at all, a poll or anything like it. It sounded more like a heavily biased, probably cyclist hating twit claiming the great British public is behind him, without providing any evidence I could see.

Only a shame anyone could give him media space to spout a load of old carp.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Sounds to me like it wasn't much of ...if at all, a poll or anything like it. It sounded more like a heavily biased, probably cyclist hating twit claiming the great British public is behind him, without providing any evidence I could see.

I'm calling Poe, although I'm not sure if it relates to the op or to this reply.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I'm of the view that the article is all a bit tongue-in-cheek and doesn't really represent the feelings or opinions of anyone of any consequence. Just a bit if light hearted banter in print, I won't lose any sleep over it.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

The News Thump is an online satirical magazine, not the Daily Mail.

Top Bottom