British Tennis Players ... where are they ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Landsurfer

Landsurfer

Veteran
Why not? It’s not a complicated game really

Trust me, after years and years of cycling, TT’s, ice climbing, rock climbing, SK8, Kayaking, Surfing ..... I know that when a tennis ball comes towards me i’ll miss it...
Which is even weirder as I played on the station Squash Ladder for years ...... .... Maybe i was traumatised by a tennis ball as a child ....

^_^:stop:

Brandane

Legendary Member
For every success story there will of course be thousands of failures, no matter how much money and effort was spent by the parents.

My nephew was a promising footballer in his early teens. His parents were not pushy, but encouraged him by running him all over the place to training and matches. Then when he was about 15 or 16 he discovered girls and alcohol! That was the end of his football. There must be a high percentage of talented teens who meet a similar - but somehow more natural - fate.

Linford Cristie wasnt even the fastest sprinter in his club but he was the one prepared to do what it takes.

I am surprised that football is now the preserve of the moneyed classes. Back in my day, jumpers for goalposts...

Tennis has always been a socially devisive game. Only 2 players on a big court that could host 2 whole basketball teams. Very few tennis players get rich playing tennis, compared to the 5000 footballers who make a reasonable to good living from kicking a ball and the 500 who play in the big league.

Top Bottom