British Velo Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Interesting design and three models to choose from,price seems to be reasonable too!
Some pics for you and more details on their website northernlights.com .
Screenshot_20210427-142840_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210427-143030_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210427-143030_Chrome.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20210427-142747_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210427-142747_Chrome.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 15

Dan77

https://www.northernlightmotors.com/630-red-e-bike
Looks smart enough. I don't really understand the market for such a thing but I guess there must be one.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Interesting, but is it road legal? This marketing gumpf is a bit confusing

"

The unique series hybrid system in the NLM’s range allows human effort to be stored and deployed when required. If you imagine cycling on a traditional bicycle, even with electrical assistance, there are peaks in terms of required effort. Climbing hills or accelerating being the obvious examples. But with a series hybrid configured cleverly, human effort can be accumulated when demand is relatively low. For example when stationary or travelling down hill. And when braking, this spent energy can be reaccumulated through regenerative braking. But of course, it is even possible to pedal whilst braking, to store extra free energy for your next boosted launch.
In addition to this, the aerodynamic drag of the NLM’s is relatively tiny when compared to tradition bicycles, so sustaining relatively high speed even when the “assistance” is turned off is possible. This is how our range differs from the prior art. Other than all of the other advantages listed already.
"

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Interesting, but is it road legal? This marketing gumpf is a bit confusing

"

The unique series hybrid system in the NLM’s range allows human effort to be stored and deployed when required. If you imagine cycling on a traditional bicycle, even with electrical assistance, there are peaks in terms of required effort. Climbing hills or accelerating being the obvious examples. But with a series hybrid configured cleverly, human effort can be accumulated when demand is relatively low. For example when stationary or travelling down hill. And when braking, this spent energy can be reaccumulated through regenerative braking. But of course, it is even possible to pedal whilst braking, to store extra free energy for your next boosted launch.
In addition to this, the aerodynamic drag of the NLM’s is relatively tiny when compared to tradition bicycles, so sustaining relatively high speed even when the “assistance” is turned off is possible. This is how our range differs from the prior art. Other than all of the other advantages listed already.
"

With assistance up to 45 mph, it will not be classed as an e bike in this country. It’s a trike anyway 😆

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
My reading is that it's not chain driven, so isn't really what we consider a " 'bent trike"; it's actually an EV, which happens to be a trike. Battery charging is done by pedalling (which can also be done when stationary) so when out on the road, the option is to use battery only/ battery charged by pedalling/ battery re-gen when braking.

Certainly looks cool and I love this bit about the names of them:
What does 428, 557 and 630 signify?
The models are named after the wavelengths of the colours visible in the northern lights.
428 being blue, 557 being green and at the highest altitudes, 630 red.

Not too sure about:
– the classification as a "bicycle" (apart from the 3 wheels)
– the practicality - not really enough room for touring kit

I'd still like one, though ! :wub:

Last edited:
OP
OP
neil earley
Just something completely different and it’s a British design ,pricewise it's affordable as velos are soo expensive.
The only worry to me is that it's so close to the ground and would you get dirt and water thrown up from the wheels when raining?
Love the look of it and wish him well.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
It does seem remarkably inexpensive .
But I want one for no good reason.

Top Bottom