broben my hip today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
Yo mark, Just seen this. Wow! How dangerous are bikes! Glad I'm permanently on three wheels, it's so much safer.

Hope you're up to some hills by Bike Right. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
thank every one i am back home now and going to get some sleep i have at least six weeks before i can put any weight on my left leg :ohmy: if all goes well, light exercise will start. if they have not taken me off to the funny farm by then.
my streamer fairing arrives at the end of this week grrr :angry: i will just have to sit and look at it :sad:

BenM

Veteran
my streamer fairing arrives at the end of this week grrr :angry: i will just have to sit and look at it :sad:

Have you not got a minion you can direct in the art of fairing manipulation, or at least direct to open the box and bring it over to your chair/bed?:tongue:

Get well soon - and don't exercise too early cos you will do more harm than good!

B.

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
Have you not got a minion you can direct in the art of fairing manipulation, or at least direct to open the box and bring it over to your chair/bed?:tongue:

Get well soon - and don't exercise too early cos you will do more harm than good!

B.
did not think of that i will get a minion to bring it to the bed so i can lick it a bit and fondle the attachments ;)

i am having the lone of a wheel chair for a bit so i can go up and down the road out side to keep my cardiovascular up, and push my self about with my good leg so just the standing on one leg doing imitation of a ballet dancer to keep the hip moving, do you know where i can lay my hands on on a size 18 tu-tu?
and a Viking helmet?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
did not think of that i will get a minion to bring it to the bed so i can lick it a bit and fondle the attachments ;)

+

i am having the lone of a wheel chair for a bi
t so i can go up and down the road out side to keep my cardiovascular up, and push my self about with my good leg so just the standing on one leg doing imitation of a ballet dancer to keep the hip moving, do you know where i can lay my hands on on a size 18 tu-tu?
and a Viking helmet?

= faired wheelchair =
cool.gif

icon_lol.gif

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Racing wheel chair is where it's at - PS - like when riding a fixed, don't try scooting down a hill until you are used to it. :whistle: brakes.......oh what brakes............. :wacko:

PS your typing has improved now your off the strong stuff. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
typing improved as pain increased, the pain the pain Igor i will need your stoutest rubber gloves a daffodil two yards of knicker elastic and one large wall-nut, tally hoooooooooooooooe

yesssss masssster, will sir require his giggling hat it is slightly chilly out to day.

no Igor a hearty manic laugh at the hill top launch sight will suffice.

<tune of dick Barton special agent> will oure hero ever reach escape velocity in his faired wheel chair of will sanity prevail <sound of woman making feeble attempt at a scream> dont mention the sanity i had some ointment for it and it dried up and fell off.
tune in next time to find out.

Misty

So how's it going now matey?
One week on from your last post & I'm guessing you're reaching the frustrated / bored rigid stage ... in between sleeping off the pain killers and feeling like poop! 5 weeks to leg "touch down" anyway - hopefully you'll start to progress rapidly after that.

Any chance of getting into a gym in the meantime - just to do some upper body / strength type stuff .... certainly helped me to feel human when I had my compound tib & fib + metal inserts.... although from memory it was a while before I could do much of anything ~ me & painkillers didn't mix so well (nausea, general feeling of being out of control) so I cut them out pretty quick and suffered the inevitable sleep deprivation instead.

Let us know how you're getting on anyway

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
fed-up douse not come close, i am unbelievably knackered all the time.
teachers keep going on strike and when both lads are here all day together arararararg
i go back to the hospital 15th and 17th if i can start a bit of light spinning i might make it.

good advice from misty, light exercise will lift your moodps check with GP first I had multiple operations to my lower spine { fusion} and still take quite a lot of painkillers just to get through the day!! was told I would never ride a bicycle again BUT dicovered bents and now cycle 3 miles yesterday {slowly} on a ST GTE so chin up and make a speedy recovery
fed-up douse not come close, i am unbelievably knackered all the time.
teachers keep going on strike and when both lads are here all day together arararararg
i go back to the hospital 15th and 17th if i can start a bit of light spinning i might make it.

Top Bottom