broben my hip today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markg0vbr

Über Member
droped my bike on ice at nine am locals call abulance got to rotherham gen by nine forty five had a xry at two
got admited at three sergery to try and save my hip joint at eight now pumped up with morpheine
i will not know if i need a hip replacement for some timshorts with hip armer would have saved me i think dont wont a new hip at fourty sixi will have to look into shorts with hip armer i think it will be the trike for me from now on cant put any preshure on hip for at least six weeks sory for ramble typing this on kindl full of drugs rad man ooo my hard leaves a rainbow in the air i like rubarb and ginger jam had nowt to eat sice six pm friday

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Oh dear ... hope the surgery works - any idea how the bike faired? - what did they do with the bike at the scene of the accident?

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Ouch!

I'm really sorry to hear that mark. I hope you recover soon (and that the bike is ok).

From my experiences with them over the years (I grew up in Kimberworth) Rotherham General are pretty good so hopefully they will get you sorted out soon enough, and if you do have to have a replacement (I hope you don't) then they are a lot more durable now than when my uncle got one 12 years ago.

Out of interest, where were you when you came off? There are lots of hills around your end so I can imagine you could have been doing quite a speed.

bunches-co-uk-get-well-soon-balloon.jpg

Marcus

gavintc

Guru
I broke mine following a fall when I was out riding in early Oct. By late Nov, I was on the turbo and hit the roads at the start of Jan. It is still a bit stiff and I can feel it first thing the morning. But, the exercise helps and I have checked my programme with the surgeon.

Good luck to you, the repair will come, but it is a slow process and demands some patience. Watch the crutches in the wet on shiny floors. On the upside, you did not break it during perfect cycling weather, so you can have a good excuse for not battling with the cold, the snow and the rain.
rolleyes.gif

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
ok update cut bak on pain meds doing laps of bed now i was just turning off the main road on to side stat about seven to ten mph and bike went out from under me landed on hipfrom wat my lad says bike has a broken rear v mirror one of nabours feched it home for me as i wasthimking up new and interestin swear words on a gurnyhad local anesthetic for op so culd give sergens help full advise «you dont wont to do it like that go on giveit some not useing eight mm screws are you tut tut» might be home monday but cant put foot to floor for sixweeks

PaulM

Guru
Hope you make a good recovery Mark. 3 wheels are definitely safer on ice. I'm a similar age to you and I definitely reign back these days after coming off my Giro in the wet last year.

slugonabike

Ouchy! Get well soon.

plantfit

Guru
Sorry to hear this Mark, but you are a strong lad and should make a fast and complete recovery, I'm just getting over a broken leg and am desperate to get back on the trike, not long now, hope we will still be seeing you on the Great Nottinghamshire bike ride, good luck mate and keep us informed,

Roger

ps let us know if there's owt we can do to help

You're not having a lot of luck on your bikes/trikes as I've just seen your post about the broken spokes on the trike.

Get well soon.

Luck ......... :biggrin:

trickletreat

Veteran
Sorry to hear this Mark, but you are a strong lad and should make a fast and complete recovery, I'm just getting over a broken leg and am desperate to get back on the trike, not long now, hope we will still be seeing you on the Great Nottinghamshire bike ride, good luck mate and keep us informed,

Roger

ps let us know if there's owt we can do to help

Sorry Roger, must have missed this...hope your recovery is going ok, we all need to be fit for another meet!

Arch

Married to Night Train
ow! sorry to hear that! Shows how easy it is to break something even at low speed, and it's why I'm very cagey about riding in icy conditions on two wheels.

Get well soon!

Top Bottom