broben my hip today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
I broke mine following a fall when I was out riding in early Oct. By late Nov, I was on the turbo and hit the roads at the start of Jan. It is still a bit stiff and I can feel it first thing the morning. But, the exercise helps and I have checked my programme with the surgeon.

Good luck to you, the repair will come, but it is a slow process and demands some patience. Watch the crutches in the wet on shiny floors. On the upside, you did not break it during perfect cycling weather, so you can have a good excuse for not battling with the cold, the snow and the rain.
rolleyes.gif
i have had two bolts put in but will be two weeks befor i know whether it has worked if not it will be a hip replase ment

one thing about the trike you can do very slow low impact riding less stress than walking i am going to bikerightat the end of april i hope if i can drive the car

Arch

Married to Night Train
i have had two bolts put in but will be two weeks befor i know whether it has worked if not it will be a hip replase ment

one thing about the trike you can do very slow low impact riding less stress than walking i am going to bikerightat the end of april i hope if i can drive the car

Indeed, and most people think you are disabled (I mean 'one', not you specifically) if you ride a trike, so having a stick strapped to the rack for use when walking won't look odd!

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
I broke mine following a fall when I was out riding in early Oct. By late Nov, I was on the turbo and hit the roads at the start of Jan. It is still a bit stiff and I can feel it first thing the morning. But, the exercise helps and I have checked my programme with the surgeon.

Good luck to you, the repair will come, but it is a slow process and demands some patience. Watch the crutches in the wet on shiny floors. On the upside, you did not break it during perfect cycling weather, so you can have a good excuse for not battling with the cold, the snow and the rain.
rolleyes.gif

if one of the moderaters is reading this they might add a sub under recumbent for the minestry of funny walks.seeing as youare a sun bronzed cycling god again i will give you a list of all my events and i can drafd behind you at them all

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
they are coming for me eeeek if i can get up some steps with cruches they are booting my out tonightthank you all for your simpethy.so any one around rotherham with a towe rope willing to pull me for the next six weeks ;-)give me a call i promis to use a ickle whip honest

Speicher

Vice Admiral
On how many wheels ???
fiets870.gif

Hope the rest of your recovery is as quick (and as painless as the drug-induced posts would indicate
wacko.gif
!)

... not too sure about the 'rainbow' reference, though
unsure.gif
- but
rofl.gif
!

He meant that when he moves his hand in the air, it appears that a rainbow is following it. :biggrin:
Made perfect sense to me. :thumbsup:

Edit Just read his first post, I can see where confusion might arise. :blush:

Mark, I hope you make a good recovery.

hope you make a speedy recovery mate and if your up to it wales are a few short for the rugby game on friday lol ps keep taking the tablets

Top Bottom