Broken BOA lace on Shimano RC7 Cycle shoe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi I wonder if any of you have encountered the problem of a broken wire lace on the BOA fixing on the Shimano RC 7 Although I took some pictures of the way the lace was knotted around the dial, typically I having problems just how the knot is secured. I've Found one You tube Clip of some BOA lace being attached to the inner dial fixing but non of the Shimano RC7 set up where the lace threads through surface mounted clips. When I ordered the new laces I thought it would be fairly easy task; But find now find it harder than I thought so if any of you have have the same problem I would appreciate some advice after all It can't be that difficult. As I don't have any problem with other general jobs on the bike

Attachments

• Shimano  BOA fixing .JPG
    Shimano BOA fixing .JPG
    252.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Shimano RC7 BOA dial  assembly.JPG
    Shimano RC7 BOA dial assembly.JPG
    205.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20230601_183704.jpg
    IMG_20230601_183704.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20230601_183811.jpg
    IMG_20230601_183811.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20230601_180515.jpg
    IMG_20230601_180515.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 7

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Email BOA, they have a guarantee on breakages. You just let them know your shoe.

Yes got Laces but bought them from a chap on eBay thinking that there would be but no but still thought its got to be a piece of cake to do the knots within the spool forgetting that my fingers are on the big side I'm sure theres got to be a clip on you tube showing how to do it. So I will get back to it now after all it can't be that hard.

Well thanks for advice all. Apparently there two different thickness's of the BOA thread the most common one is 0.9 mm and the far more rare one is 0.75mm which mine was hence why I experienced some considerable difficulty when trying to tie of knots within the spool

Top Bottom