Broken spoke.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Depends on the wheel - but generally yes. Got any details?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Last time I had a straight pull spoke break no one local had one in stock :sad: But they are relatively easy to replace, however truing the wheel & getting the correct spoke tension might be another matter :okay: Over the years I've been charged varying prices for a spoke replacing, from £6 to £20 :wacko: & the one that charged £6 even gave me a spare spoke incase another snapped

vickster

Legendary Member
The biggest issue with factory wheels might be actually getting hold of the right/same type of spoke

Spokes for Fulcrum 5 s come in a pack of four, one of each of the different sorts they use. This pack costs around £15, as I recall. Your best bet is to take it to your LBS who might have a stock of the right sort. It always seems to be rear drive-side that break.

ayceejay

Guru
I just had a rear wheel (not Fulcrum) trued and a broken spoke replaced for $15 not worth the hassle of doing it myself.
I had some advice added for no charge too. Avoid holes in the road and lose weight to avoid this happening again :whistle:

e-rider

crappy member
factory wheels are a pain in the butt becasue they don't use standard sized spokes so you'll most likely need to order from fulcrum which will be time and money!
I'm amazed at how popular facotry wheels have become considering that in every aspect except for weight savings they are worse than handbuilt wheels

Top Bottom