Broken wrist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wood Myster

Well after having a crash on my bike on the last day of the tour de france and having surgery on my wrist that night i have just come out of the cast. Other than being a bit stiff and unable to bend it all the way back or left and right properly its ok. Been told it should return almost to normal but that cycling now might not be a great idea due to all the vibrations and loss of grip. Just wondering if anyone else has had any experience of this kind of thing.

Been told it should return almost to normal but that cycling now might not be a great idea due to all the vibrations and loss of grip. .

You need to clarify that, because it is potentially contradictory. If the wrist can return to normal, then cycle as before. Loss of grip suggests that the wrist will not return to normal. Assuming a fully-healed break, then there's no reason why you shouldn't do exactly whatever you were doing before the break...

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Your wrist will be stiff (sometimes painfully so) and will initially hurt when it gets knocked etc by pot holes. Also I still cant fully support my own weight on mine yet and it's been about a year.

I was riding 2 weeks after the cast was off but only pootling about as I dislocated and fractured 2 fingers on my other hand too! Just take it easy and lift of the bars if you can over potholes etc and you should be fine

Top Bottom