Bromley Cyclists - Sussex Circular - Saturday October 24th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Here we go again with another Bromley Cyclists ride. :tongue:

Although an LCC and Bromley Cyclists event, You do not need to be a member to take part. Tourers, Roadies, Hybrids, experienced riders and those not so, . . we wait for all... Just turn up and go . . .
All are :girl:

Day: Saturday 24th October 2009
Contact Ride Leader: Trevor Hughes
Email : tjh@brockley.orangehome.co.uk
Mobile : 07775 928953 (no text's please)

Meeting Points
Meet Trevor Hughes at London Bridge main concourse at 08:40 to catch the 08:56 train to Haywards Heath (this train also calls at East Croydon) arriving Haywards Heath 09:36
or
Meet Andrew Fergar at London Victoria at 08:30 to catch the 08:47 to Haywards Heath (This train also calls at Clapham Junction and East Croydon) arriving Haywards Heath 09:30

The Ride
c.43 miles and 3000 feet of climbing
Once we're out of Haywards Heath this should be a pleasant ride though the Sussex countryside with plenty of pretty villages, vistas and views. This ride will be mainly on minor roads & lanes.
:tongue: & :smile: is planned at the village of Fletching.
Being Sussex, some hills are included, but nothing too extreme, however, we will keep a moderate pace, and plan to return to Haywards Heath by around 1530

If anyone would like a Memory map (mmo) file or gpx file of the route please pm me. Here also is a bikehike link to the route.

What Should I Take With Me on a Ride?

Always
Water
Money
Inner tubes (2 are recommended)
Tools to remove your wheel and tyre
Pump
Lights
Lock
Puncture repair kit

Consider
Waterproofs
Helmet (especially for mountain bike rides)
An extra clothing layer
Eye protection (sun glasses)
Sun screen
Snacks (flapjacks, bananas etc)
Maps
Camera
Mobile phone
First aid kit
Gear cable
Brake cable

Not doing mike e's " Park and Ride" then Ian? :girl: :tongue:

Have fun.

139NI

Ian.

Me and Mrs C might be on this one - it is THIS coming weekend isnt it?
i am at the Orpington Station this week and i am cycling from home to the walnuts poss tue, wed, thu so i might see you en route in opp direstions in the morning.

Re teh veterans,,, i might not be on that one - due to a fcuk up, i might be reqd to do nights that w/end.... i looking to worm my way out seeing that i did protect that day..

w

<unashamed plug> Hello Will, don't forget the 'Park & Ride' setting out from Euston at 08:30 on Saturday too...as Helen says, spoilt for choice (although this one has several 'x' factors built in ie: me:ohmy:, mikee, cherry cake, a lack of direction, multiple ride leaders ;), a raffle...need I go on?) :tongue:

Top Bottom