Bromley Cyclists - Teynham, Kent ride Saturday 31st January 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Here we go again with another Bromley Cyclists ride. :smile:

Although an LCC and Bromley Cyclists event, You do not need to be a member to take part. Tourers, Roadies, Hybrids, experienced riders and those not so, . . we wait for all... Just turn up and go . . .All are :smile:

Day: Saturday 31st January
Meeting places: 08:45 Catford Station or 09:10 Bromley South Station
Ride Distance: 31 miles

We have 2 meeting points.
Meet at Catford (NOT Catford Bridge) by the ticket machine at 08:45 for the 09:02 train - Trevor Hughes will be there to greet you (changing at Bromley South for the 09.29 train to Teynham)
or
Meet at Bromley South Station Forecourt, where Andrew will be waiting - Please be there by 09:10 to meet the Catford contingent and to catch the 09:29 Train to Teynham .

The Ride:
The first 7 miles include a climb of around 500ft or so ...after which there will be a few futher lumps...so fairly hilly but nothing too difficult.

Initially we head out to Bapchild ..then South to Little Higham..before turning East into Doddington ..then through Newnham, Eastling, & Hockley ..North then to Painters Forstal ..Our :tongue: & :smile: stop will almost certainly be at the Alma Public House in Painters Forstal. After lunch we head due North to to the Bird Sanctuary (trying not to run over the many twitchers) at the old Harty Ferry crossing point (Shut in 1946!) to gaze out over the Medway then back South for a loop through Norton Ash and Lynsted ...and then back to Teynham Station

Overall Distance - 30.3 Miles
Ascent & Descent 1664 Ft .

If anyone would like a Memory map (mmo) file or gpx file of the route.
Please pm me.
Ian.

Chrisz

Über Member
Bugger :sad: Would love to come join you as the route is all around my stomping ground - unfortunately I'll be busy working at the pub.

Feel free to drop into the Beauty Of Bath PH, College Road, Sittingbourne for an OJ, beer whatever :ohmy: :smile: :smile:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Ian, I do plan to come on one of these one day, but not this one! I need to choose one where I don't have to use the train (can't take my trike on trains easily) but can drive to the start point and park easily. Plus not too hilly! I keep an eye on your posts...

Top Bottom