Brompton 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris folder

Hi:hello:on you tube video showing the new black rear rack video called. Brompton black edition folding bike 2017 version s6r review

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Hi:hello:on you tube video showing the new black rear rack video called. Brompton black edition folding bike 2017 version s6r review

It's quite often a good idea to use the search box prior to posting to see if anyone else has posted the same thing :rolleyes:

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/brompton-black-edition.176477/

Kell

Veteran

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I would have thought the new shifters were more worthy of a mention by the OP rather than the rack having been sprayed black, which was presumably the same in 2015 when the first black editions were spawned.

While looking at the 2016 updated Bromptons' at Cycle Heaven in York station - I wondered if the new shallower/shorter height handlebars, if fitted to the older M type would bring a benefit in terms of increased rigidity without reducing comfort too much.

The issue will be with the new bars, is that they will be about 3 cm lower unless you get the longer stem to go with the new bars, which gets expensive.

Also dropping the bars will mean that the cables will need adjusting as well.

I must confess having seen the new 2017 bikes, the new shifters are really nice and given where they are, you can turn the bike upside down which you cant with the older style shifters.

reppans

I understood the new 2017 M bars to have the same grip height - ie, longer stem with shorter bar rise. (That's what Brompton said).

Kell

Veteran
I think you can drop the bars a fair bit without worrying about the cables too much.

I bought an H type originally and fitted bars with a shallow rise.

Yes the cables were too long, but it was more aesthetic than problematic..

By which I mean they didn't look great, but everything worked.

Took me a good couple of months before I shortened them all.

Top Bottom