Brompton arrives!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If I still rode wedgies I would have a Brompton, enjoy.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well... a day of surprises... we went to pick up my wife's Brompton and came away with two matching Bromptons! It turns out that the company sent two identical bikes by accident, and since the shop-owner knew he would be unlikely to sell the other one any time soon, he offered it to us at a big discount. So, despite the slightly creepy thing of having matching bikes, it was too good to miss - especially as we were buying the original one on the Cyclescheme anyway - and we bought both! We are very glad we did and in fact were left wondering why we hadn't thought of this a couple of years ago - we already have plans to take them on holiday...

My wife and I with our accidentally matching Bromptons... (yes, I know I need a haircut!)

Flying_Monkey said:
:sad: I don't think so! And I would have gone for a Brompton in orange if I had known I was going to get one...

No excuses! You can get paint spray cans easily enough!

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
It does rather feel like that. I do like the colour too. However I will be changing the saddle ASAP - the basic one is rather fat and spongy for me.

jonesy

Guru
What type of Brompton? They look like they are one of the more lightweight models. I've got an older L3, which is great, and a less loved T5, which is heavier and less reliable with the old Sturmey Archer 5 speed hub.

Top Bottom