Brompton Black Bits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kell

Veteran
I quite like the look of the Black edition Brommies and wondered about getting some of the bits to make mine look a bit more like one.

I've seen a black front mudguard for sale, but not the rear, or the seatpost. Or the cranks for that matter.

Also, anyone with a black edition able to confirm whether it's a coating or not. For instance, I can see hte seat post getting scratched, will this mean that it would look a bit rubbish with silver scratches in it?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I suspect it would look a bit naff when it gets scratched. Black finish is notorious for getting worn off and subsequently looks rather shabby after a while.

DMan001

I don't own one but a friend does and he definitely doesn't have scratches on the seat post. I imagine they have used a coating capable of resisting scratches otherwise like you say they would end up with a lot of unhappy customers!

mustang1

Guru
I own a BE and can see no visible scratches. I haven't paid attention to looking out for such scratches but I think I would notice them (even though I would not care about it).

Top Bottom