Brompton carry handles..the latest craze

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JC4LAB

http://www.offyerbike.com/
Seeing lots of these around at the moment but at £39.99 each they are a bit steep.in price.Leather ones available also at £60 or so too.. Worth the money do you think? Anyone know a cheaper option...

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
"Colours of the hand grip will be selected at RANDOM" - that's no use after you've spent hours deciding what colour to have your Brompton painted!!

Looks like a good idea for anyone who doesn't want to fold/unfold. Also looks like it wouldn't be too difficult to make your own.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I really don't see the point. The frame is way more comfortable as a carrying point, and the centre of gravity varies depending on whether or not you have a bag fitted and what's in it, so a fixed-position handle is just stupid.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Agreed ^^^

also when folded underside of seat makes agreat handle. I suspect lots are bought as presents "for the (brompton) man who has everything"

Its a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Sara_H

Guru
I usually carry mine by he frame, I do ind it a bit cumbersome though and have wondered before if one of these handles might help.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I really don't see the point. The frame is way more comfortable as a carrying point, and the centre of gravity varies depending on whether or not you have a bag fitted and what's in it, so a fixed-position handle is just stupid.
Yep. For me, hook the saddle over my shoulder, steady the bike by the frame.

jay clock

Massive member
I carry mine opened and certainly cannot see why I would need one of those

jay clock

Massive member
For me the main area where I find it cumbersome to lug my brommie around are Airports,tubes and metros when abroad,crossing station platform bridges and finding a seat on full trains,I think the idea is good but worth the price of £60 for a leather one..????.But then what other ways do you spend your money..its just the cost of a concert ticket...

A dimpla bag is what I use at the moment..
I go twice a week to London. At Clapham I have to decend a staircase, then at Barnes I have to carry it over a pedestrian foot bridge. I have the S bag on the front and carry it unfolded. Then the rest of the time on platforms etc I wheel it along fully unfolded. I find it harder and heavier to carry when folded up. And I do have the Ikea bag but have never used it

Straps can make a carry on stairs more comfortable

We used climbing slings on the Bromptons and Birdys for years

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
It takes about 8 seconds to fold up the bike, which gives you a compact and easy-to-transport package. If you've got easy wheels you can trundle it along in that state.

Ah, seen one or two of the leather ones in london recently. First time i saw one i thought it rather neat but on second thoughts superfluous. And something else to keep an eye on/maintain - just grab the frame -it's quite ergonomic at that point anyway and by adding an extra item you are just intriducing an extra wear point/point of failure. So man up, put your mits on the frame.

Brompton Carry Handle The Latest Craze.
Just about sums it up really, Latest Craze. You have a saddle to grab. You have a frame to grab. Someone is making money out of those that need to have unnecessary add-ons. It's a little bit sad really.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
For me the main area where I find it cumbersome to lug my brommie around are Airports,tubes and metros when abroad,crossing station platform bridges and finding a seat on full trains,I think the idea is good but worth the price of £60 for a leather one..????.But then what other ways do you spend your money..its just the cost of a concert ticket...

A dimpla bag is what I use at the moment..
^This. (Except it's called a dimpa!)

Top Bottom