Brompton Ezy clamp Spring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a.twiddler

Veteran
EZY Clamp spring

Recently I posted that I wondered why Bromptons didn’t come with some kind of spring to keep the clamps tensioned and aligned while fastening them.

Today these arrived.

Just a pair of springs made of some kind of resilient 3D printed plastic. One squared end fits into the frame/fork recess, the other into the “U” of the clamp itself, held in place by the bolt passing through the centre. This helps to stop the clamp From rotating when fastening and unfastening.

If you google Ezy Clamp Spring you will soon get a link.
Total for a pair including shipping : £9.90. Come in a range of colours.

There will be those out there who may swear by them, others who swear at them, or know of a better product. Anyhow, I will try these out. It might take a while since I don’t commute. Using plastic wouldn't be my first choice. Time will tell.

Those close ups don't do my bike any favours. Time for a clean up and a bit of grease.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Looks like a good idea. I might just treat myself Brommie to a pair of those.

u_i

Über Member
Mine got stuck after a few days of use. It turned into some sort of a mess as I was in a hurry but also did not want to damage the bike. After that incident I freed the bike from the innovation.

I have some magnetic clamps on mine and they've worked well.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I have them. They are good for keeping the clamps lined up but they don't speed up folding/unfolding because the handle can no longer be spun fast.

Top Bottom