Brompton for £7.5k. Am I missing something?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rafiki

Retired Brit living in Spain
I always wonder the same thing when I see the prices of some third party bits for Bromptons too!

Good quality first editions of things like books, cameras etc. always command a premium so it really depends if a real enthusiast or cycle museum wants to pay that much to get it. It looks very well preserved. The seller is open to offers so I doubt he'll get his price.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Please can I have your source for insured carriage

Affraid I do not have one.
The eBay seller for the Brompton above has listed Royal Mail First Class for a fee of £45 which includes compensation of £20. Insurance or enhanced compensation is mentioned nowhere n the listing. You can send a package the size and weight of a Brompton from £6.99 with Hermes but this is also limited to £20 compensation so sorry I can not be of more help to you.

screenman

Legendary Member
Affraid I do not have one.
The eBay seller for the Brompton above has listed Royal Mail First Class for a fee of £45 which includes compensation of £20. Insurance or enhanced compensation is mentioned nowhere n the listing. You can send a package the size and weight of a Brompton from £6.99 with Hermes but this is also limited to £20 compensation so sorry I can not be of more help to you.

Blast, the poster should be aware that he is responsible up until the buyer takes delivery.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'd say the seller is probably a bit of a grifter. He's just throwing it out there to see if he gets a bite.
I'll bet Andrew Ritchie would p*** himself if he saw it.

Top Bottom