Brompton renewed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Definitely a good idea. I've bought refurbished PCs in the past. When something is being refurbished by the manufacturer you've some idea that they might know what they're doing.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I think it’s more likely they’re ex-demo bikes or press bikes.

The ones from the Brompton docks don’t tend to be high-end.

also have the hire bikes got "hire" logo's or whatever on them?

they arent at much of a discount in any event but I guess its better than nothing

OP
OP
Kell

Kell

Veteran
they arent at much of a discount in any event but I guess its better than nothing

Some are, some aren't.

Some it seems like they're only discounted by a couple of hundred, but a couple of the P-lines are £700 off.

As a 'like-new' bike direct from manufacturer, I'd say that's a pretty good deal.

Although you'd have to look into whether it would still be a good deal if one of the 'ride-to-work' schemes is available to you.

also have the hire bikes got "hire" logo's or whatever on them?

I've not hired one for ages, but when I did, they were a weird colour combo and didn't have a 'hire' sticker as such, but you could tell which were hire bikes as they all had the fold sequence stickers on them.

Last edited:

mitchibob

Über Member
I've not hired one for ages, but when I did, they were a weird colour combo and didn't have a 'hire' sticker as such, but you could tell which were hire bikes as they all had the fold sequence stickers on them.
Each one had their own individual 'name' stickers as well I think.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Each one had their own individual 'name' stickers as well I think.

I think you are confusing them with Eddie Stobart lorries

OP
OP
Kell

Kell

Veteran
My dock bike back in 2015.

Hired it for about a month while waiting for mine to arrive.

Was immediately nicknamed Dora the Explorer by my workmates.

IMG_5039.jpeg

Fastpedaller

What happened to Dock Bikes (for those Docks that closed quickly like the one in Norwich)? Maybe they became 'spares donors' for the remaining Dock bikes?

yoho oy

What are talking about? It has 3 grades- Grade 1 is virtually new. Probably someone took out of the box and decided to return it. Grade 3 seen the most use. Also it says : "Any imperfections of Brompton Renewed bikes are purely cosmetic and won't affect your ride." "Only once the bike passes with flying colours does it receive our 7-year registered frame warranty." Good stuff I would say.

Top Bottom