Brompton S6L Barcelona (Barca)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A standard Brompton S6L is about £1,000, plus £100 or so for the bag, so it's not overpriced at £1,200.

I think Brompton specials are a bit like special edition cars, they aren't worth any more than standard secondhand.

If the special is too way out, it can put buyers off, making the bike harder to sell.

But if you want an S6L, intend to keep it, and like this edition, there's no reason not to buy it.

OP
OP
seadragonpisces

seadragonpisces

Über Member
I like it too and doesnt seem that pricy. I saw some pics of it from the London Bike show and it looked better than the stock pics I have seen. I am sorely tempted but dont have much time to make up my mind if I want the bike by April. Decisions decisions.

For some reason I cant explain I have avoided Bromptons but I think I am starting to see the light :-). It just seems to make sense as you get quality and also the good fold, so I guess are no more excuses.

OP
OP
seadragonpisces

seadragonpisces

Über Member
Ok I have bitten the bullet. I have found a store that has one unallocated and have gotten them to set it aside for me. I will be paying the deposit on Friday and assume getting it sometime in April.

Decision made, gulp !! :-)

OP
OP
seadragonpisces

seadragonpisces

Über Member
Some info for those interested in getting one.

Of the 400 to be made, only about 100 will stay in the UK. If You like the edition flaps, grips and seats then I am told by Brompton they will only come with the bikes and there wont be any 'spares' to buy separately, once they are gone they are gone, if you know what I mean :-)

OP
OP
seadragonpisces

seadragonpisces

Über Member
Just got an email from Fudges, my bike is here and will be ready assembled etc for pick up this Saturday. Will post some pics if anyone is interested

Top Bottom