Brompton second most popular bike in the UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kell

Veteran
Bit of a misleading title. But that’s what the article did too.

It’s not based on sales, but on searches per month.

IMG_3454.jpeg

https://www.pedalsure.com/blog/the-...yZDeo0C_ej4TYbm8N_evN1tL4EUyGenlCsFUxSv9uNGUo

ExBrit

Über Member
Searches on the Specialized website?

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
It doesn't really tell us anything useful unless a person makes a purchasing decision based on how many times people window shopped for them.

OP
OP
Kell

Kell

Veteran
It doesn't really tell us anything useful unless a person makes a purchasing decision based on how many times people window shopped for them.

This is true in as much as it doesn’t (necessarily) translate to sales.

It’s from an insurance site so they need click bait, but I think it’s interesting that so far this year a Brompton is the second most searched bike.

I still consider it to be a fairly niche bike. Same goes to some degree for Canyon and Ribble.

Raleigh is a surprise too. Unless it’s just old-timers like me wondering if it’s still going.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
"Most sought after" might be better.

OP
OP
Kell

Kell

Veteran
i think commuting in London (other cities are available) means I get a skewed view of how well-known Bromptons really are.

i.e. outside of major cities... not very.

I still remember taking my car down for a service and pulling the Brommie out the boot and the mechanic saying "Oh that's one of those foldy jobs. That's quite useful. What are they? Couple of hundred quid?"

He was staggered when I said "Mine was just over £1,000 a few years back, think they're about £1,500 now."

Tenkaykev

Guru
i think commuting in London (other cities are available) means I get a skewed view of how well-known Bromptons really are.

i.e. outside of major cities... not very.

I still remember taking my car down for a service and pulling the Brommie out the boot and the mechanic saying "Oh that's one of those foldy jobs. That's quite useful. What are they? Couple of hundred quid?"

He was staggered when I said "Mine was just over £1,000 a few years back, think they're about £1,500 now."

On a recent visit to our daughter who lives In Portobello on the outskirts of Edinburgh, I was ambling along the High Street and almost got a Full House on my Hipster Bingo card when I saw a guy sporting a man bun, sleeve tattoos and pushing a Brommie. 😄

Top Bottom