Brooks B17 Saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Just on the off chance that someone's bought a Brooks and then decided they don't have a compatible arse, I'm on the lookout for a B17 and am willing to pay anything up to a pittance for one! ;)

Manonabike

Über Member
Just on the off chance that someone's bought a Brooks and then decided they don't have a compatible arse, then sell it on eBay and you will get at least 75% of the price you paid for it ;)

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Steady there Manonabike, TBM is not seeking to take advantage. We all, from time to time ask other members if they have whatever to sell, give away, borrow and the like and the overwhelming majority of members are happy to help. Isn't that what a forum is for? If you can't/won't help, just keep shtum. Remember you may require help one day.;)

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Manonabike said:
My pleasure!!! ;)

Never liked people that try to take advantage of others :biggrin:

Rein it in there son, have a look around the forum, there's more than a few of us that would rather give a bargain price to a fellow cyclist than mess about with e-bay etc. It's sort of like a community only online, you'd be appalled at the prices stuff changes hands for between some of us that have been on rides together. Quite often the asking price can be zero but you can usual bargain them up to at least accepting a cup of tea.

3BM was joking about the pittance bit, unless he's buying from me then, of course, he'd screw me:biggrin:

Manonabike said:
My pleasure!!! :smile:

Never liked people that try to take advantage of others :angry:

Perhaps that should be 'Manon de sauce' :tongue:

Steady on from me too - I give loads of stuff away and, if reading about, and riding with members of this forum is any indicator of 'taking advantage' well then I have done plenty. Besides, 3bm is our whipping boy - leave him alone. :thumbsup: or should that be :angry:

Manonabike

Über Member
MacB said:
3BM was joking about the pittance bit, unless he's buying from me then, of course, he'd screw me:biggrin:

Well, I obviously didn't get the joke, I thought here is another opportunist trying to take advantage of a fellow member that might think is stacked with an unwanted saddle. As I said, I seriously dislike people taking advantage of others and you could say I'm on guard for such events :sad:.

Yes, of course I would help out a fellow member if I can, specially if I know the member (as you do in a forum :smile: ) many times I've given stuff away to people I don't know very much at all.

3BM, I'm sorry if I offended you with my comment.... the pittance bit did the trick :smile: hence the comment.... You still cannot buy any of my brooks for pittance though :biggrin:

MacB

Manonabike said:
Well, I obviously didn't get the joke, I thought here is another opportunist trying to take advantage of a fellow member that might think is stacked with an unwanted saddle. As I said, I seriously dislike people taking advantage of others and you could say I'm on guard for such events :angry:.

Yes, of course I would help out a fellow member if I can, specially if I know the member (as you do in a forum :smile: ) many times I've given stuff away to people I don't know very much at all.

3BM, I'm sorry if I offended you with my comment.... the pittance bit did the trick :wacko: hence the comment.... You still cannot buy any of my brooks for pittance though :smile:

totally forgiven, didn't realise it was just a case of not getting 3BMs humour. I don't think I've ever seen him do a totally serious post, but I can also see that the jokes are bad enough as to not pass for humour at all:evil:

OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
MacB has encapsulated my forum persona to a tee and I thank him for his kind words, I think! I'd add that I would screw him to the floor on any of the fancy prices he puts to the excess tat he peddles on this site if only there was something worthwhile buying. :biggrin:
Manonabike, no offence taken. I like to try and take everything as a compliment, it makes life so much easier.
I notice this thread has had quite a bit of traffic and yet no-one has come up up with what I was looking for in the first place...seems as though SJS will be getting my money after all, cheers!! :blush:

MacB

threebikesmcginty said:
I notice this thread has had quite a bit of traffic and yet no-one has come up up with what I was looking for in the first place...seems as though SJS will be getting my money after all, cheers!! :biggrin:

Sorry mate, my fat arse remains welded to my B17 and I hope for a long and happy future together.

I could let you have a set of butterfly bars that you could stretch some leather over like a hammock:biggrin:

Top Bottom