Brooks Bar Tape

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Yeh its worth it, if you want it;)
I would love a honey Brooks with honey bar tape on my fixed, but i cant afford/they dont do a honey B17N
It looks abit like the Fizik stuff in that picture.
If its like the Charge stuff i got, i wasnt too impressed by it. But the Charge stuff was alot cheaper. Didnt seem to go on so easy, and when it was on, there were big ridges at the end of the tape, where it overlapped, which i wasnt so impressed with.
I mean really, think of it like this.
How nice will it look on your bike?
How long does the bar tape last, will it last longer then the other bar tape? If it lasts longer(should do) then how much longer? If it lasts double the time the price of the bar tape comes down to £16.50, which isnt bad really, when you think about it.:biggrin:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
it's good stuff, i've got the green tape on a vintage bike. a clubmate says he finds it a bit firm, so go for some gel pads if that is a concern.
vintage_claud.JPG

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Interesting use of English in the gel description

Why do people think that comfort is the enemy of performance? Many times the reaction to physical problems is expressed with stress, fatigue and pain. But when physics work in the right atmosphere to get the best from yourself then all your energies are concentrated to achieve the objective. Revolutionary, the idea to place the Gel Pads below the handlebar tape, more than anything because with the elastomer

You isolate your hands from the vibrations of the road that travel through the frame and rigid components. The form has been studied; it's highly ergonomic, formed to match the shape of the bars. The fruit of a deepened study is the solution to multiple problems. Available in three densities (Custom Comfort System) which are extra soft through to firm allowing them to be adapted to the requirements of the individual

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
alecstilleyedye said:
i got mine from here, good service and lots of nice brooks stuff to oggle…

Cheers for that link.
Was there enough tape to cover what you wanted and was it easy to do?
I've never changed the tape before so I don't want to make a dogs dinner out of this one!

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
ilovebikes said:
personally i think thats far too cheap, only the best...

LOL, that's more than some bicycle shaped objects. Don't like the logo, but I'm sure it's very nice!

Top Bottom