Brooks Pro saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Professional or Team Professional? They are quite different.

southcoast

Über Member
Also there was the Professional Select in the late 70’s early 80’s. Very thick leather with an Allen bolt tensioner.

OP
OP
Teamfixed

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
Professional like this... I don't know if it's a team one. I think the select had holes. 583630

Last edited:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Doesn't @Cycleops often find decent examples of these in local bike shops? Seems to ring a bell, I think he put one on one of his own bikes. Maybe he can find others, though I'm not sure what the postage is from Ghana!

OP
OP
Teamfixed

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
I've got two already.... they are becoming rarer and more expensive it seems. Greedy maybe😏

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Doesn't @Cycleops often find decent examples of these in local bike shops? Seems to ring a bell, I think he put one on one of his own bikes. Maybe he can find others, though I'm not sure what the postage is from Ghana!
I’m always on the lookout but I haven’t seen another since I got this one for £3. It’s a swift.
Wonderfully comfy.

DHL shouldn't be too bad.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Teamfixed

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
I got lucky. I bid on one yesterday but lost it. Then again on eeebay saw this one with an offer option so offered same as first and got it. £62 583707

Last edited:

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Yes, that's the old Professional. My favourite saddle. Some have huge rivets, some have more normal-sized ones. I have one where the leather has been cut away a little around the nose too - I don't know if this was a factory option or a user modification to prevent snagging on shorts.

They survive the years well because the leather on them is thicker than most. Avoid ones with any tears, or badly rusted frames, and Proofide plus miles will burmish them like new.

Top Bottom