Brooks saddle users....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rockus

i've got a B17 on my single speed. Luckily i didnt get any problems with comfort at first. but certainly had to fiddle about with the angle to eleviate some of the slipping. Dont fancy using spirits like some one else mentioned; although it worked for them.

I think you just have to wear in some dipples with you backside over time and adjust the angle a wee bit now and then.

Great saddles though, i like the fact it improves the more you use it. As if you needed more reasons to go cycling...

OP
OP
Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
bonj said:
are you sure you aren't too stretched out - i.e. too great a distance from saddle to stem
The saddle is on my bespoke made-to-measure Dave Yates tourer so I am very happy with reach etc. But a good point all the same.

I have just returned from a ride of just under forty miles and my rear has never felt so comfortable. The slipping is still there, but to a lesser degree than when I first tried the saddle. The surface has definitely lost some of the new shine so I think time and distance is the key.

As a contrast, I rode thirty two miles Friday gone on the previous perch, a Spesh Alias, which felt very comfortable for the first fifteen or so miles, but after thirty, I knew the Spesh and I are not a match made in heaven!

Anyhow, many thanks to all who have replied.

Top Bottom