Brooks saddles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TAV

Guru
Hi I've just bought a Edinburgh touring bike I'm going to change the saddle I'm looking at a c17 saddle but how do you know if it's the right size at the moment I'm ridding a bike with a 144mm width saddle.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
The C17, as with most Brooks saddles only come in one size, depending on the model.
The C17 is a bit wider than your present saddle.
Like most saddles, they will be a personal thing. I love Brooks saddles and I have them on 4 of my bikes. Other people can not get on with them.

https://www.brooksengland.com/en_uk/c17.html

C17-Outline.jpg

L 283 x W 164 x H 52 mm
Weight: 464 g

Attachments

• 1610798141000.png
    1610798141000.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
TAV

TAV

Guru
Yeah I did i was told I needed a 144mm cheers for the replies. Does anyone know do they do brooks saddles in that size.

simongt

Guru
Being a Brooks fan, I'm a wee bit bias :rofl:. However, as I'm using a B.17 on my commuter, I took the plunge and bought a C.17 for my audax bike. Despite having the same ' 17 ' suffix, the dimensions are rather different. However, the C.17 was comfort straight out of the box, and of course, no breaking in and weatherproof. So from recent experience, I would certainly recommend the Brooks Cambium range. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
TAV

TAV

Guru
That's the bike I've bought a nice brown Brookes saddle would look nice on it. Has anyone heard of the brand before it's a Edinburgh touring bike.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210116-172249_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210116-172249_eBay.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 10

simongt

Guru
It's from the Edinburgh Cycle Cooperative, a firm I've bought goodies from in the past and apparently are very well thought of. ^_^

Top Bottom