Brooks Saddles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
sadjack

sadjack

simoncc said:
In Soapbox you called me a penis. Please restrict your immaturity to Soapbox.

What is soapbox and why would anyone be so immature to be so rude? Never fails to amaze me that people lack manners on the Internet. But thats a different debate for a different forum!! :biggrin:

I appreciate everyone's comments on this subject. Thanks.

freakhatz

simoncc said:
What is so good about Brooks saddles? I've got one on one of my bikes and I'm perfectly pleased with it, but I'm perfectly pleased with the non-Brooks saddles on my 5 other bikes. I can't tell the difference between one saddle and another really, and have never dreamed of changing a saddle that came fitted on a new bike.

Thus furthering my theory that you are not of humankind;)

Brock

My opinion on Brooks is that they're a very good place to start if you're looking for a long distance saddle. There's no guarantee that they'll suit you, but my bet would be that you'll never look back.

Abitrary said:
Considering getting one, but is there anything to be gained from the variations on the B17, eg. the one you can tighten with laces underneath?

I think if you're heavy like me, the side flaps tend to flare out when your immense flabby weight is pushing down on the saddle surface, causing a hammocky effect which can in turn cause you to slide forward annoyingly from your proper position. Laced flaps would presumably prevent this. Of course, you could always effect this modification yourself with a small penknife and some string (or even a proper leather punch) if you found the standard B17 was failing you in this way.

bobg

Über Member
Yet another vote for the B17 - I've a whole range of options on my other 5 bikes but the B17 gives me no discomfort ... ever. BTW The big sprung jobs are comfy for a while - round the shops etc but IMHO they do soak up a bit if your " effort" after 6 or 7 miles

Top Bottom