Brothers and sisters in law tandem around Brittany

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave 123

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Friday

A flatter ride on Bastille day from Plougonvelin.
There were many high points on this ride...
IMG_4105.JPG

This wasn't one of them!

We reached the coast after an hour or two, it was jaw droppingly beautiful, even with grey skies
IMG_4107.JPG

IMG_4110.JPG

IMG_4111.JPG

IMG_4114.JPG

IMG_4115.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4106.JPG
    IMG_4106.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
Dave 123

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Well, we're back in Roscoff. Bar a 6 mile ride in the morning, wre done!

I don't want to go back to work!

IMG_4135.JPG
IMG_4137.JPG
IMG_4139.JPG
IMG_4144.JPG
IMG_4147.JPG
IMG_4151.JPG

https://www.strava.com/activities/1084637028

Last edited:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I looked at a tour to Roscoff for the Fridays, and concluded that it was too hilly even for soloists, even before thinking about the practicalities of getting from Devon to London. To have done it on a tandem? Mega kudos. It's a part of France I'd like to explore, but I suspect I'd need an internal combustion engine, not the second human engine who sits behind me on the tandem.

Nice one, Dave. Brittany sticks in my memory as one of my favourite places. Many years ago now, Mrs C and I did a two week tour around Brittany starting in the North and going down the West coast and along the South coast and back up through the middle, mostly using Gite d'Etapes. I remember it being hilly but not so much it wasn't manageable, more rolling with the odd surprise. I've always meant to repeat it and threads like this remind me of that intent.

OP
OP
Dave 123

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I looked at a tour to Roscoff for the Fridays, and concluded that it was too hilly even for soloists, even before thinking about the practicalities of getting from Devon to London. To have done it on a tandem? Mega kudos. It's a part of France I'd like to explore, but I suspect I'd need an internal combustion engine, not the second human engine who sits behind me on the tandem.

The more arduous days were the first 3, the hills were long, draggy but fairly straight, which meant they were bloody brilliant on the way down!

Dournanez to Morgat was hilly. Coupled with the hills, our coastal route wasn't direct at all so we never got a rhythm going.

OP
OP
Dave 123

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Nice one, Dave. Brittany sticks in my memory as one of my favourite places. Many years ago now, Mrs C and I did a two week tour around Brittany starting in the North and going down the West coast and along the South coast and back up through the middle, mostly using Gite d'Etapes. I remember it being hilly but not so much it wasn't manageable, more rolling with the odd surprise. I've always meant to repeat it and threads like this remind me of that intent.

We all loved it. Jo and I would go there again one day. The last couple of days we've being trying to work out where next. We were thinking southern France- drive down, dump the car and do a loop maybe....

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
A final ride to my in laws house in Wembury through a drizzly Plymouth.
2 things stood out on this ride- the 13% hill being one.
The second- Having @Spokesmann wish us a 'morning' near the Duke of Cornwall hotel whilst riding a very nice Carlton bike.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1085520483

I was on a Sun (Worksop built by Carlton). Hope you enjoyed your ride!

robjh

Legendary Member
A nice write-up Dave and some great photos. I'm far too lazy to like all the posts, but I liked them all (if you see what I mean).
Glad I found this thread now though, as I'm off to Brittany in the motorhome with Mrs rjh and the dogs tomorrow, and you've reassured me that there will be plenty of good riding, and especially some good hills, to keep me happy on days out on the bike while Mrs rjh paints, reads and whatever else. And some good food and drink for both of us in the evenings.

Top Bottom