Brought a tear to my eye...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
This brought a tear to my eye, a letter from my Mum's cook in Zimbabwe. Address removed given the nature of the country, I think. It was written by his friend as he isn't able to write.

3121795571_1a35e38429.jpg

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
3122631564_0cea5e8eb3.jpg

Brilliant :angry::biggrin: the photo seems to say it all! There is a locally charity to me (only about 100 yards away) called City can cycle that restores bikes donated by the public and gives them to locally needy people/children but also sends large consignments abroad to people such as your mom's cook. The last time I spoke to them they were telling me about a project to send children's bikes to a school in Africa and training one of the teachers to maintain them. This would not only make it easier to get to school but more importantly for the children school is the only time, they are guaranteed a meal. Well done the thing you did was excellent.

gbb

Legendary Member
That is so cool BM :angry:
We have a facility in S Africa (Mpumalanga IIRC). The workforce are poor and whenever any of our staff go, they always take socks....yes socks ????

Evidently they go down an absolute treat. Simple things we all take for granted can mean so much to others.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Oh no, I don't need any credit. It's the least I could do, and I should probably do more and more often. I remember his "interview" when he tried out to start work for my Mum when I was about 3 or 4, he's been around for 35 years odd and is a member of the family.

I was just touched that he'd made such an effort to write me a letter, especially needing a friend to write it for him.

peanut

thoughtful gift Mikey. probably the most practical gift you could have given him. he's obviously over the moon about it.:angry:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Thats well cool.

Zimbabwe's leaders make me more than a little angry. Mugabe has gone a bit nuts in the last 10 years - the man was once seen as the saviour of the country and now its very sad.

Buy a bloke a bike and he's a friend for life, though. Perhaps Brown should send Mugabe a nice folder? ;)

Globalti

Legendary Member
Well done, you will have made a big difference to his life.

Ironic isn't it, that we are sending 1800s technology out to Africa now!

Top Bottom