Browser is a very happy bunny!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Picked up my new bike today (thank you Cyclescheme) from Fat Birds Don't Fly in Hunstanton. A Tifosi CK7 Classic with Shimano Tiagra groupset, yum!

P1000575.jpg

First impressions;
It's as light as a gnats nadger! I'm going to weigh it and my old nail for a comparison later on, but even with my Topeak rack and other commuting kilter attached it'll still be a fair bit lighter.
I need to lower the saddle a fraction. The guy raised it about 5mm whilst setting up on the turbo in the shop, but I feel like I'm fully and sometimes over-extending at the bottom of the pedal stroke.
It's gonna take my jacksie a while to get used to the ride, which is a lot firmer than the old bike.
Steering feels slower than the old bike, oddly enough.
I have now turned from a "Oh it'll be OK out there" to a "Someone's just looked at it from half a mile away, they want to nick it!" bike owner ;).
I shall start transferring the stuff from the old one tonight, with a bit of luck, so it won't look this uncluttered for long.

Fiona N

Veteran
Looks good - happy cycling :tongue:

I do like the low key colour scheme - it actually makes the guards look like they belong. Usually I hate mudguards but I'll make an exception here :tongue:

One of the reasons I bought it! Some of the lads at work are on about getting Giant Defy 3's for commuting and putting 'guards on them, and they'll just look odd IMHO. Whereas this, as you say, is nicely understated.

Thanks, and yes, it is a cracking name, shame I forgot to ask why it's called that!

After a bit of faffing about, here it is ready for commuting duties:

P1000581.jpg

I just need to swap some of the plated cap screws for stainless ones, then I'll be happy :smile:

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Browser said:
Thanks, and yes, it is a cracking name, shame I forgot to ask why it's called that!

After a bit of faffing about, here it is ready for commuting duties:

P1000581.jpg

I just need to swap some of the plated cap screws for stainless ones, then I'll be happy :smile:

And I just have to think of a way to wrest it from your grip......officially like of course...:smile:

Nice bike Browser....watch out for the rozzers on your trip into work....:tongue:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Browser said:

Tifosi, Italian for "fans".

eldudino said:
Tifosi, Italian for "fans".

Naaaaaooow, you nurk, he meant the name of the bike shop I got it from, which for some beknighted reason is Fat Birds Don't Fly ! :biggrin:

Cheers Vike, I'll make sure everyfins' legal-like, so's you can't confiscate it from me for an 'inspection' at Bridge Street! :smile:

I've attached Sekuclips to the spokes, Maggot, show up nicely don't they? :biggrin:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Browser said:
Naaaaaooow, you nurk, he meant the name of the bike shop I got it from, which for some beknighted reason is Fat Birds Don't Fly ! :smile:

Ahhhhh, having now read the previous post, I can see which name you were talking about!

(note to self: read previous posts before replying :biggrin:)

Norm

Browser said:
I've attached Sekuclips to the spokes, Maggot, show up nicely don't they? :angry:
They are fantastic, I've now got them on all my bikes and the kids' bikes too, following Hotmetal's trip to Germany a few weeks back. :tongue:

I took this image back in, hmm, February (there is snow on the ground) with the Sekuclips and the old reflectors, so you can see the difference between the two. A difference which is, of course, even more marked when the wheels are going round. :angry:

th_DSCN2126.jpg

Top Bottom