Browsers!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris-suffolk

Firefox lets you set it to clear the cache every time you shut it down. I suspect most browsers can do the same. It certainly helps to keep Firefox sprightly on my setup. Firefox>Settings>Privacy & Security, scroll down to Cookies and site data, tick the box Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed. Of course one has to click to accept cookies on most sites but that is no price to pay for the consequent speed and privacy.

I use Ghostery as an ad-blocker. They recently added to it, so now it automatically responds to requests to accept cookies with a polite NO, and most web sites (95%+) I never have to bother finding the 'don't accept cookies' button - that in itself speeds up browsing no end.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I never use chrome. To intrusive. I always use DuckDuckgo. Always clears cache and info as soon as you leave the site.

It wasn't very good in the beginning, but it's improved an awful lot over the last 3 or 4 years.

I use one in my home and occasionally use it to look up DIY problems. Two out of three.

My gardening question didn't have anything to do with home or DIY, still right place.

There's no computer or technology subthread I think.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Bring back Internet Explorer 3.

How about an upgrade to 4?

ie-unix.gif

Top Bottom