Bruised ribs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A had an off last Sunday but luckily, apart from some nice road rash wasn't really hurt. I could feel a slightly sore spot on my ribcage but it wasn't a problem. Went for a ride Wednesday without any problems but Thursday night my ribs started getting pretty uncomfortable, then when I went out yesterday I couldn't get out of the saddle without it hurting. Feels about the same today so I've knocked the club run on the head (it's blowing a hooley anyway).
I assume it's just bruising but it seems a bit odd that it was ok for a few days straight after, anyone else had anything similar?

Take yourself off to Acident and Emergency and get it checked out. You need an x-ray to diagnose whether there is a bony injury, and then they'll work out treatment from there. Better safe than sorry as the saying goes!

gbb

Legendary Member
Bruised ribs hurt like hell and I don't envy you. Time and painkillers are the option open to you I think, other than considering you may have cracked a rib, in which case a trip to the docs or hospital is he only way of clarifying it.

Top Bottom