Brushes with fame...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was in two Norwegian Telecom adverts shown on TV and at cinemas for five weeks at the end of November in 1993.

And I appeared in a newspaper advert in virtually all the Swedish newspapers for Swedish Telecom in November 1999 over a 2-3 week period.

Not a single person asked me for my autograph :sad:, but the picture was on the walls of several nurses' staff rooms at the hospital I worked at in Stockholm. :wub: :thanks:

D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 4598647, member: 45"]Anyone want to offer an opinion as to why people are so keen to link themselves to famous people[/QUOTE]
They're sad?

[QUOTE 4598647, member: 45"]Anyone want to offer an opinion as to why people are so keen to link themselves to famous people?

*I'm not being judgemental, I'm as bad myself. I'm just interested in the reasons.[/QUOTE]
Not so much User but 'Mister Meaner'! :smile:
It's 'Christmas cheer' time, and Cubesworth is adding levity to the stodgy pudding of the present trend of Café I'm guessing. For what it's worth, there were plenty of people who went to school with me! :whistle:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Bill Bryson ignored me once.
I was about 50 yards away, and he probably didn't see me.
It might just have been someone who looked a bit like him...

Perhaps my story is "Bloke didn't wave back".

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
[QUOTE 4598647, member: 45"]Anyone want to offer an opinion as to why people are so keen to link themselves to famous people?

*I'm not being judgemental, I'm as bad myself. I'm just interested in the reasons.[/QUOTE]
I'm not keen to link myself to him, I was just intrigued to think that I knew (and liked) a guy who is in a lot of people's pockets.

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
They're sad?
As sad as judgemental folk? Nothing positive to add so a snide comment instead? Maybe you haven't got anything better to occupy your time?

D

Deleted member 26715

Maybe you haven't got anything better to occupy your time?
I'm currently on a conference call with the US talking, well they are talking about Telecom taxes, so yes I really do need a distraction.

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
Download the script to Max Frisch "The Fire Raisers" then. Jon was Eisenring, I was Schmitz. Then ponder on Biedermann's gullibility. Far more entertaining than Cyclechat, with a deeper message than trivial interest posts.

It's a while since we had a "claim to fame" thread, but I've just discovered that I went to school with Siri, and acted alongside him in at least two school plays. To further compound the excitement, his father was head of my faculty at Sheffield and interviewed me for the course.

Tell Siri you are their father... and see the result!

It varies from "Noooooooo!" to some Star Wars references including "Together we can rule the Galaxy as father and intelligent assistant"

Adam Hart Davis once mistook me for Richard Ballantyne at a Recumbent Meeting

He had been told to look for a well built chap with thinning hair and a recumbent trike............

Top Bottom