Brushing your teeth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
What about an electric stick?

So last year darling. You need the new iStick.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I read once that brushing your teeth was the third most effective method, first is chewing a stick and second was using a bit of towel over your finger and rubbing it across your teeth.

I like the wooden stick method and often end up 'chewing' on a lolly stick or scrubbing around with a cocktail stick after a meal. Aside from that I use a Braun electric toothbrush that is quite effective and I do the 30 second per mouth quarter, and some more if it needs it.

I have also use the towel and finger to great effect during unplanned overnight stays when I don't have my toiletries bag.

I hate a smelly, foul tasting, mouth.xx(

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
I thought that warm water wasn't good to swallow due to it having sat for a while in a tank, rather than 'fresh' from the pipe...but I guess that could be a load of cobblers now I think about it.

I rember my mum telling me this years ago It sort of makes sense, whether it's true or not I have no idea, but it was one of few bits of praentla advice I followed :whistle:
My nan told me that waaaaaaaay back, they would brush their teeth with salt to removes tobacco stains, I tried it, tasted foul but my teeth did feel lovely & claen after
:biggrin:

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
Erughhh!! Warm water? Cold. Always cold.

Interesting about the stick idea though. Would a licorish stick count?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I thought that warm water wasn't good to swallow due to it having sat for a while in a tank, rather than 'fresh' from the pipe...but I guess that could be a load of cobblers now I think about it.

The main concern with stored domestic hot water is Legionella. If the bottom of the storage tank is below 45 degrees C, you have ideal conditions for it to thrive. Amazing how we are all still alive given the information in this article....

http://www.wras.co.uk/PDF_Files/Preheated_Water_Report.pdf

Night Train

Maker of Things
My nan told me that waaaaaaaay back, they would brush their teeth with salt to removes tobacco stains, I tried it, tasted foul but my teeth did feel lovely & claen after :biggrin:

Even further back it would have been soot from the chimney, so I've heard.

I occasionally use Scotch as a mouth wash, and don't ask if I spit or swallow, should be obvious.:blush:

david1701

warm water is heated and stored (warm) in a tank for bugs to grow in, cold isn't (hence even cold water after the loft tank in the system isn't drinking water)

+ warm tastes funny

KEEF

Veteran
When you've finished brushing your teeth, do you spit or swallow?
smile.gif

No I put them back in my mouth
laugh.gif

Top Bottom