Brutal hit and run, Nottingham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
X and Y.
X was driving.
X says Y was driving.
Y says X was driving.

Only X is lying. Y is innocent.

Not saying that's what they said in this case (there has been some suggestion they both said they couldn't remember) but you couldn't prosecute both of them in the scenario I just described.

X is lying. Y is lying to save X. Hang em both.

How is Y lying? They said X was driving, which is the truth.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
part 3 of 4

Utterly shocking. Its almost like the police & the CPS didnt even care that if he existed or not let alone that he was mowed down by driver who used his vehicle as a weapon and didnt stop.

If i was treated the same way then i would have went after all of them with a civil lawsuit.

Suspect had multiple prior convictions regarding dangerous driving and even went to jail because of it but the prosecutor had the audacity to ask the judge to ignore all previous vehicle related convictions and "show leniency...."

I cannot even begin to believe the utter stupidity which took place inside that court.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
So it wasn't a staged incident with put-on loud groaning in order to increase traffic to a YouTube channel then? Amazing.

What idiot said that?...

Ah well, just goes to show 'one' can only comment/speculate on the information before 'one' at the time.

Which leads to Reg's trial video.

Shame he didn't give a list of charges, but it appears the only live one was failure to furnish.

That fits, because Reg wasn't called as a witness and the prosecutor knew nothing of the incident - he didn't have to because it's irrelevant to the matter in hand, failing to fill in a form.

Seems to me the charge does not adequately reflect the overall criminality in the case, so it looks like the police didn't gather sufficient evidence to charge something more serious.

The officer's remarks to Reg in court, and what we know of her investigation, indicate to me she wrongly decided at an early stage there wasn't much in the case, and even more wrongly stuck to that view.

Her suspect's dreadful driving record should have been a strong hint something serious could be afoot.

There seems to be difficulty identifying the driver, but Reg's video expert reckoned it was a male.

If the police got their own video expert - and he said the same thing, which they don't always - that expert evidence, and the male defendant's admission it must have been 'me or her' driving, ought to identify the driver to the high standard of proof required in a criminal court.

I'm no police basher, but the failure to get this driver before a court on a meaningful charge looks to me to be down to poor coppering.

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

Makes me wonder if the driver is a grass or is otherwise useful to the old bill and therefore untouchable. It might just be staggering ineptitude though.

Karlt

Why does the Telegraph insist on putting cycling articles under "Men"?

Because in Torygraph world only gentlemen cycle out in traffic or in any sporting manner. A lady, if she cycled at all, would cycle slowly around the park in order to take the air on a step through frame.

jarlrmai

Veteran
A crime committed by a repeat offender seemingly for no other reason other than he could and get away with it.

Top Bottom