Brutal hit and run, Nottingham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If he is unwilling to explain why nothing was done it appears to be a pointless excercise posting the clip.

The clip is from 2014 and I didnt see the vehicle make off. Just saying.

I cannot see anything the cyclist did wrong.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I have every sympathy for the person who got knocked off his bike. I just wish he described what happened after the event. We only have half of his story, and that is a shame.

The chilling part in the video desc is
The problem is I have a moral dilemma in that if I tell the world how the driver got away with this crime, apart from making our police and justice system look totally stupid, it might also encourage dangerous drivers to copy the incident and hurt more cyclists. A combination of factors came together to create a legal loophole and I don’t want someone to use that information to do evil.

BTGTT-S (not in a cycling incident). Speculation is useless. But I sure as hell hope he's following up the legal options.

Lonestar

Veteran
The message in his text at the end of the video...with all the bs and the bias anticycling crap forgetting the lawbreaking that the car drivers do I'm thinking he is right.The car rules.On parts of my commute I don't want to be in the newly made roadworks pinchpoint with some car driving clown because I do not trust them at all.

Why did I know at the start that it was gonna be that Volvo that hit him. Driver wants locking up. :cursing:

I've got a particular affection for BMW's but in reality what vehicle they were driving is immaterial.

subaqua

What’s the point
The message in his text at the end of the video...with all the bs and the bias anticycling crap forgetting the lawbreaking that the car drivers do I'm thinking he is right.The car rules.On parts of my commute I don't want to be in the newly made roadworks pinchpoint with some car driving clown because I do not trust them at all.

I've got a particular affection for BMW's but in reality what vehicle they were driving is immaterial.

I find its bus drivers on the 25 and 205 that are the ones that forget about the pinch points created with the construction of CS2 segregation . Especially up by QMUL heading east. Several times they have caused me to have to enter the safe a for the construction crews to avoid being squished. Some professional drivers need to be re educated .

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Without two halves of the story I am struggling to work out how the driver got away with it. The cyclists needs to explain, regardless of the consequences.

No clue why the driver was not prosecuted, the very least is fail to stop. From reading the comments it looks like a file went to the CPS who then declined to prosecute.
All very odd.

Something seems odd about this.

I am unsure how the police can not have the finances to investigate it. It seems pretty clear, and would require very little investigation.

I looked through his other videos, and nothing seems odd there too. I have no idea why it doesn't feel right, but I am interested on seeing more information.

Lonestar

Veteran
I find its bus drivers on the 25 and 205 that are the ones that forget about the pinch points created with the construction of CS2 segregation . Especially up by QMUL heading east. Several times they have caused me to have to enter the safe a for the construction crews to avoid being squished. Some professional drivers need to be re educated .

True,you can't really trust anyone.

Top Bottom