Brutal hit and run, Nottingham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
... All we can do is look at the bigger picture and question how our society allows this to happen.
Reading between the lines - there was a lot more grief, anguish, and "frustration" at dead-ended enquiries and attempts at a just resolution.

Kinda horrifying that you're left with that "All we can do ........"

classic33

Leg End Member
Another payment channel. Money received for every viewing.
Happened on his estates anyway.
Scot.jpg

Last edited:
I had a RTC in the eighties which sent me head first backwards through a windscreen and put me in a wheelchair for two months. The driver slammed the brakes on, I slid off the bonnet and then he tried to drive over my legs as I lay in the road. I was only saved by my bike jammed under the front bumper. He was too pissed to get out of the car or even stand up. The polis attended and then later every record of the event disappeared. It was like it had never happened. But what we did find out was that the driver was a copper.

Origamist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4135722, member: 9609"]I don't get the impression from the video that it is a road rage incident, may be the driver was temporarily blinded by the sun and reflection from wet road surface (although the camera obviously isn't). But if it was purely an accident then why didn't they stop? and why won't the police track them down ? The whole incident seems a little odd.

Autonomous cars ?
https://www.google.com/search?q=google+autonomous+cars&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiLnrjQ1dfKAhUH_w4KHQ4EDj4Q_AUICSgD&biw=1286&bih=742#tbm=isch&tbs=rimg:CUSw3lFRsd79Ijg1TV9gaat5vuWo76R6RqovRebPQT0UabSgz_1wrsh2yqkVqoQj7gQAPNnACXTy9NiEdoB3GkLTY1yoSCTVNX2Bpq3m-EdiWknQrth0pKhIJ5ajvpHpGqi8RocobMHuX89EqEglF5s9BPRRptBEbblxK1QgMUCoSCaDP_1CuyHbKqEUPGi1D92qzzKhIJRWqhCPuBAA8RLpNaYemBXdwqEgk2cAJdPL02IRG41fdhs0-xOioSCR2gHcaQtNjXEbOqQtkkfWBT&q=google autonomous cars volvo&imgrc=RebPQT0UabTfBM:[/QUOTE]

It doesn't seem odd, but all too typical - terrible driving (v likely deliberate) resulting in a collision, the driver then leaves the scene and evades justice. Plus ça change.

[QUOTE 4135707, member: 9609"]how do you know that ?[/QUOTE]

They have no adverts on them. You only get money from ad views. No monetisation = no adverts on videos.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
His videos aren't monetised.

But possibly not for the want of trying.

Less than thorough coppering is the most likely - and depressing - explanation.

But does anyone think the roadside groans have something of the ham actor about them?

I wonder if it was set-up in a bid to promote, and ultimately monetise, the channel.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful

But does anyone think the roadside groans have something of the ham actor about them?

I wonder if it was set-up in a bid to promote, and ultimately monetise, the channel.
That's a bit of a stretch, but I admire your "sliding in sideways" analysis.:okay:

Origamist

Legendary Member

Have you been drinking?

benb

Evidence based cyclist

You're suggesting he deliberately got run over to make a couple of quid on YouTube?
Are you high?

Origamist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4135944, member: 9609"]No, it is a very very long way from normal, the whole incident is just odd, hence my suggestion that it could be an autonomous car; road rage stuff invariably involves horns, shouting, swerving, wheel spinning. This to me just looks like a well driven car that failed to see the cyclist and then failed to acknowledge the collision - the autonomous software will simply not accept it was at fault, the government and the media are so scared of the big G that they will just pretend it never happened.[/QUOTE]

tin-foil-hat-3.jpg

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4135722, member: 9609"]I The whole incident seems a little odd.
[/QUOTE]

It certainly does, particularly the driving of the Volvo.

It follows the cyclist around the roundabout at a distance, allows a longer gap to open on exit, then on a clear stretch of lane one decides to accelerate into the back of the cyclist.

The driver must have been aware of the cyclist, he/she stopped behind the cyclist at the entrance to the roundabout and the rest of the driving surely indicates a driver aware of a cyclist in front.

The style of driving also indicates a patient driver, so why decide to accelerate into the back of the cyclist?

If more speed was suddenly required, the driver could have overtaken, either a close pass in lane one, or by moving into lane two.

Origamist

Legendary Member
It certainly does, particularly the driving of the Volvo.

It follows the cyclist around the roundabout at a distance, allows a longer gap to open on exit, then on a clear stretch of lane one decides to accelerate into the back of the cyclist.

The driver must have been aware of the cyclist, he/she stopped behind the cyclist at the entrance to the roundabout and the rest of the driving surely indicates a driver aware of a cyclist in front.

The style of driving also indicates a patient driver, so why decide to accelerate into the back of the cyclist?

If more speed was suddenly required, the driver could have overtaken, either a close pass in lane one, or by moving into lane two.

I think we are either dealing with a distracted driver or a vindictive, impatient driver. The former are far more common, but the latter are not exactly hens teeth either. Call me naive, but I'm ruling out the autonomous car theory and the idea that the cyclist has stage-managed the collision and is feigning injury.

Last edited:
Adaptive cruise control. With queue assistance. Just putting that out there.

Cruise control needs to be used intelligently and in my opinion isn't particularly suited to the UK driving environment. But Volvo drivers tend to be sensible about the technology they purchase.

Top Bottom