BRVR - Goats League - Climb 11 - Colle dell' Agnello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
And I'm still nearly 25 minutes behind you on cumulative time. I more or less matched you for the first few rides, but it looks like I've cracked :sad:
You said you were going to back off a bit after Port de Cabus, I was thinking maybe that was the reason. I have found on the last few rides that I've been able to get into a nice rhythm that's letting me maintain a steady power without blowing up, checking back my Watt/Kg looks like it has increased a little over the weeks (although I don't think that's particularly scientific given that it's comparing different rides). I've mentioned previously how life has been getting in the way of riding over the last couple of years, but it does feel at the moment, for the first time in a long time, as though I'm moving forward a little rather than tumbling backwards.
Mind, I was feeling it for the last few miles of the commute this morning so I hope I haven't spoken too soon!

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
You said you were going to back off a bit after Port de Cabus, I was thinking maybe that was the reason. I have found on the last few rides that I've been able to get into a nice rhythm that's letting me maintain a steady power without blowing up, checking back my Watt/Kg looks like it has increased a little over the weeks (although I don't think that's particularly scientific given that it's comparing different rides). I've mentioned previously how life has been getting in the way of riding over the last couple of years, but it does feel at the moment, for the first time in a long time, as though I'm moving forward a little rather than tumbling backwards.
Mind, I was feeling it for the last few miles of the commute this morning so I hope I haven't spoken too soon!
The plan was to ease off, but on a challenge ride I don't seem to be capable of doing it :blush:

I ride as hard as I can, at a steady power that I think I can keep up for the full distance. Some days I aim for the 170s, some days it's in the 180s. I've learned that there's no point in me starting harder, because I'll slow down and lose more time that way. The same applies if I try to make a big effort during the ride. I also can't push harder at the end - well I can, but only for maybe a minute so not enough to make any real difference to the time. Port de Cabus was a bad ride, and the power chart on BigRingVR shows that I was getting weaker as it went on. I don't think I overestimated my ability - more like I wasn't up to my usual standard.

I've had very low mileage weeks to get some rest, I've done lots of Zwift (:unsure: can I say that here?) rides at low intensity. None of it has made any difference. I feel tired, and the only time my legs (lower thighs and knees) aren't sore is when I'm riding the bike.

It's frustrating, but completely normal. Form is always changing and at the moment you're getting stronger and I'm getting weaker. Eventually the pendulum will swing back and my time will come! (I hope).

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Well I did mention the Magenta Section ... which means it's greater than 13% in the first post. :reading::reading::reading:

Good time though :thumbsup::thumbsup:
That magenta section had me out of the saddle but I resisted the temptation to drop into the granny ring from the middle one, after all the 17% section was a blink and you'll miss it moment. Despite the effort I still didn't manage to beat Tom Smeets (3 seconds:sad:, perhaps my motivational mantra "Never beats Tommy Smeets" needs some rework)

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Finally did this one. I'm still looking for my mojo. It wasn't somewhere on this climb. 55'51''.
I managed to have a lower power output than I had during the 1 hour interval part of my ride last Wednesday. The weekend is very welcome!
Your mojo? I wondered what that thing that kept flying past me on the climbs was, now I know. You don't mind if I borrow it for a few weeks?

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Catching up 1:03:19 - and avoided doing a Kruijswik ... not so nearly avoiding xx(xx(

SmP-62

Have a feeling, that I can ride this under 50 minutes, if I use todays ride for pacing/as opponent.

It worked ... with target in front of me ... 48:35

@Aleman please update my time and also few others: Col de la Madeleine 1:13:47, Furka Pass 42:49, Coll d'Ordino 24:48, Passo di Costalunga 20:40, Col d'Aubisque 49:12 and Col du Tourmalet 59:22.

And happy New Year to all Moutain Goats.

Top Bottom