BRVR - Goats League - Climb 17 - Col De La Madeleine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
It was a difficult decision this week, follow the profile of le tour (which is flat for the first 9 days) or do 'something' Epic ... Something Epic it is then and I give you la Col De La Madeleine

24.74Km with 1245m of Ascent - should be very familiar to those of you who just recently completed the BRVR Tour Challenge :rofl:

coldelamadeleine.profile.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
I've had 3 attempts at this one up to now, and can confirm that it is indeed a "nice ride". The first attempt was last year and the 2 most recent were for the TdF challenge. Only the fastest shows up on the app which is just as well as the first attempt for the challenge ended in a spectacular fail where I went pop at about the 15Km mark. Literally falling off a cliff as far as power levels were concerned, I was getting worried that I might have started going backwards down the hill at one point. Ended up losing almost 12 minutes on last year's time.

Slightly off topic but for months I'd been plagued by an annoying clicking noise coming from the BB, at first I didn't think it was worn as I couldn't detect any play on the cranks. After ruling out other causes I replaced the OEM bearings with a Shimano UN55 last week. No more clicking (so it was the bearings) but I did notice that turning the pedals was a lot easier, so much so that on the next attempt at the Madeleine I managed to improve on the previous PB by almost 5 minutes. Now here's a one for the real riders out there. Would a worn BB really cause that much loss of power (reckon about 15-20W) or are other factors in play like being a bit lighter and fitter, or even frame of mind?

Regards

Dave

SmP-62

That's really nice ride, was tempted to do it (with both legs), but must stick to my Colorado plan for today ... Extreme No.1 ... Pikes Peak ... 1:44:02 ... 4.17W/kg ... and the tank was not totaly empty ... no real pain in my legs ... one of my most disciplined rides ever ... happy.

Looking forward to do Madelaine after my cycling vacation.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
That's really nice ride, was tempted to do it (with both legs), but must stick to my Colorado plan for today ... Extreme No.1 ... Pikes Peak ... 1:44:02 ... 4.17W/kg ... and the tank was not totaly empty ... no real pain in my legs ... one of my most disciplined rides ever ... happy.

Looking forward to do Madelaine after my cycling vacation.
Pikes Peak is on the to do list (not in real life though) If I can manage it in under 2 hours I'd be happy.

SmP-62

Pikes Peak is on the to do list (not in real life though) If I can manage it in under 2 hours I'd be happy.
I think it will not be a problem to you to do it under 2 hours (conclusion based on your latest rides).

End of may I have done 3. and 2. hardest climbs of my cycling vacation with comfortable pace .... Mt. Evans from Idaho Springs (combined 2 BR rides, 44km, cca 2000m e.g.) and Pikes Peak on the next day (30km, cca 2000m e.g), both with long distance pace (cca 3.65W/kg, average HR 148 and 143 ... ) and Pikes Peak time was 1:54:20.

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Oh Boy, Madeleine really farked me over! She used me, and abused me .... Bitch! Squeezed me dry at 21Km but carried on with the pain, until she got what she wanted.

1:47:38 ... Trying to do 2 or more of these a week at FTP threshold is just not going to be easy or pretty.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I did it on bkool 2 nearly 3 hours iirc :blink:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I made it!!
Took on board previous comments and took it steady from the off, no heroics (yeah alright, I know, but these things are all relative aren't they) Still a thigh burner for the final set of climbs. Lovely ride though!
2:06:12 for me please @Aleman I'm just hoping you lot have got me a pint in while you've been waiting :cheers:
Flock of Seagulls - Wishing blasting out as I cruised into town. Wishing a lot of things by then to be honest.

Top Bottom